Need a stock for a Bruno .22 Mod 1

Started by Treeman, Jun 22, 2022, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

We are needing to make a stock for a 5 year old to shoot a .22 Brunno # 1.

First price would be a old stock we can work smaller, but we are willing to buy a blank kiddies stock, something like a Howa or Ruger youth stock that has not been inletted.

Lastly would be to just buy a blank stock and try down scale it to .22 petiteness and then do the inletting, CNC and so forth is available.

Suggestions and contacts will be appreciated.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Tripodmvr

Can I suggest adding an adjustable butt plate so as to keep up with the growing child.

Treeman

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Jun 23, 2022, 11:09 AMCan I suggest adding an adjustable butt plate so as to keep up with the growing child.
going to make it too long and then slice off 1 inch slices, so they can go back on an d match stock later.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

What about buying any old stock that is an acceptable fit and then opening it up and 'inletting' it with bedding compound.

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jun 24, 2022, 04:54 PMWhat about buying any old stock that is an acceptable fit and then opening it up and 'inletting' it with bedding compound.
It's the acceptable fit that may take many stocks to find, also it's a much smaller thinner lighter stock than the average center fire, but this has been considered.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

By 'acceptable fit' I meant to the lighty not the action. The thought of butchering an original Model 1 stock to fit him if you find one makes my toes retract. Do you have the original for the rifle? 

Treeman

we have the original that is being put aside for when he is old enough (same reasons as you), hoping to find something, old, damaged, aftermarket  ??? Or a blank we can inlet ourselves.
Therefore I am me.