<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									AllGunStuff Forum - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community</link>
            <description>AllGunStuff Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 02:49:21 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Dead-Hold® BDC rectical use ????????????????????????????????????????????????</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8067</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 07:35:31 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For more advance users, you need to use the reticle subtension diagram and calculate your own distances. For instance I have attached the reticle of the immersive 5x30 BDC scope. This is cal...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>For more advance users, you need to use the reticle subtension diagram and calculate your own distances. For instance I have attached the reticle of the immersive 5x30 BDC scope. This is calibrated for .223 Rem shooting a 62gr bullet. The table is for a .30 cal. Norma Oryx with a MV of 2550 from a .308 Win.</p>
<p>Using the table and the diagram attached and zero the centre cross at 200m</p>
<p>the bottom of the centre cross is at 260m (2.3MOA)</p>
<p>the top of the lower vertical line is at +- 290m (3.7MOA)</p>
<p>first hash is at +- 310m (5.2MOA)</p>
<p>second hash is at +- 360m (6.9MOA)</p>
<p>3rd hash at +- 400m (8.8MOA)</p>
<p>4th at +- 435m (10.8)</p>
<p>5th at +- 470m (13.1)</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div id="wpfa-1392" class="wpforo-attached-file"><a class="wpforo-default-attachment" title="01-Immersive-reticle.jpg" href="//allgunstuff.co.za/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1790408131-01-Immersive-reticle.jpg" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><i class="fas fa-paperclip"></i> 01-Immersive-reticle.jpg</a></div>
<div id="wpfa-1393" class="wpforo-attached-file"><a class="wpforo-default-attachment" title="Table.png" href="//allgunstuff.co.za/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1790408150-Table.png" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><i class="fas fa-paperclip"></i> Table.png</a></div>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>janfred</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8067</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Dead-Hold® BDC rectical use ????????????????????????????????????????????????</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8066</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 07:05:25 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Unlike mil or moa subtension reticles, BDC reticles have much less hash marks and usually line up with more popular distances using standard ammunition. Most I have seen is every 100 yrds at...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Unlike mil or moa subtension <span>reticles</span>, BDC reticles have much less hash marks and usually line up with more popular distances using standard ammunition. Most I have seen is every 100 yrds at the scope's standard magnification. Scope manufacturers usually show these distances and standard magnification in the pamphlet included in the box. Provided you do not shoot further than 500 yrds using standard ammunition, the error should be minimal.</p>
<p>If you still have access to Strelok, and the bullet and scope reticle is in the database, it will show you a more acurate reticle aimpoint.</p>
<p>Still, as an ethical hunter you should confirm these points on the shooting range before shooting any animal. This will cost you money. Thankfully, provided you do not change the load or the components and your MV is within 50 fps of your reference load, you would not need to do it again.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>janfred</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8066</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Dead-Hold® BDC rectical use ????????????????????????????????????????????????</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8065</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 16:10:08 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[sounds like lots of bullets down range $$$]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>sounds like lots of bullets down range $$$</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>Treeman</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8065</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Dead-Hold® BDC rectical use ????????????????????????????????????????????????</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8064</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 22 Sep 2026 14:25:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Time consuming without a scope that can dial, a chrony and a bullet BC. But possible.
Firstly , to get a 200 m zero, you have to shoot a 200 meter target and zero the scope there.
To figur...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Time consuming without a scope that can dial, a chrony and a bullet BC. But possible.</p>
<p>Firstly , to get a 200 m zero, you have to shoot a 200 meter target and zero the scope there.</p>
<p>To figure out the range of the subtensions :</p>
<p>1. after zeroing at 200 meters, move the target to the next distance .</p>
<p>2. shoot three shots</p>
<p>3. go to the target and mark the center vertical of the three shots, and patch the holes.</p>
<p>4. look through your scope at the aim point, and see which subtension the center vertical is at. make a note of it.</p>
<p>4. move the target to the next known distance, and repeat.</p>
<p>Your point of aim at all the distances should be the zero point.</p>
<p>The smaller the distance between target positions, the better data you will have.</p>
<p>That is the only way I can think of where you will know the approximate range of each subtension without dialing the scope, or knowing the bullet velocity.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>414gates</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8064</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Dead-Hold® BDC rectical use ????????????????????????????????????????????????</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8063</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 22 Sep 2026 10:22:47 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[First you need to know if it is a first or second focal plane scope. Then you have to get hold of the retical subtensions. If second focal plane, need to know at what magnification the subte...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>First you need to know if it is a first or second focal plane scope. Then you have to get hold of the retical subtensions. If second focal plane, need to know at what magnification the subtensions are true. Also need the bullet BC and muzzle velocity. Lastly a ballistic solver that ouput ranges to the closest meter.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Or, just get hold of Strelok and select your scope retical and magnification.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>janfred</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8063</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Dead-Hold® BDC rectical use ????????????????????????????????????????????????</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8062</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 21 Sep 2026 16:38:08 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am battling with this what appears to be simple concept. 7 x 57, I do not want to zero at 100 - I want 200 m zero, then the various drops. Where can i get info on this matter.How do I set ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I am battling with this what appears to be simple concept. 7 x 57, I do not want to zero at 100 - I want 200 m zero, then the various drops. Where can i get info on this matter.<br />How do I set up my different hash levels and know where- what distance at etc </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>Treeman</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/dead-hold-bdc-rectical-use#post-8062</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Viper Bullets</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/firearm-components/viper-bullets#post-8061</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 21 Sep 2026 07:59:35 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Good news, I got hold of the new owners via whatsapp (their number is on the facebook page, but not on their website.) They are working quite hard on restoring their reputation as far as con...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Good news, I got hold of the new owners via whatsapp (their number is on the facebook page, but not on their website.) They are working quite hard on restoring their reputation as far as consistency goes, hence the delays/ backlogs. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>Againstthegrains</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/firearm-components/viper-bullets#post-8061</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Viper Bullets</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/firearm-components/viper-bullets#post-8060</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 18 Sep 2026 15:00:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am curious about this concept - bit like the GS Custom bullets idea.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I am curious about this concept - bit like the GS Custom bullets idea.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>Treeman</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/firearm-components/viper-bullets#post-8060</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: RSA made bullets</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/rsa-made-bullets/paged/2#post-8059</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 18 Sep 2026 14:58:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[@ds-j - the 458-2&quot; works great out to about 150 m - 2&quot; high and 2&quot; low both travelled &#x1f609; through in route. I have shot at 220m and the entrance wound was too high and the exit was too...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[@ds-j - the 458-2" works great out to about 150 m - 2" high and 2" low both travelled &#x1f609; through in route. I have shot at 220m and the entrance wound was too high and the exit was too low.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>Treeman</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/general-discussion/rsa-made-bullets/paged/2#post-8059</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Viper Bullets</title>
                        <link>https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/firearm-components/viper-bullets#post-8057</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 15 Sep 2026 08:06:47 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I have been using Vipers bullets for a while, when they were based in Gauteng. Then I heard the owner passed away, and a family member took over. He then sold the business, and it has appare...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I have been using Vipers bullets for a while, when they were based in Gauteng. Then I heard the owner passed away, and a family member took over. He then sold the business, and it has apparently moved to Cape Town (according to their facebook page). I placed an order on their website 2 weeks ago, I had a confirmation e-mail from them, but still no delivery. </p>
<p>Anybody know what's going on there?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://allgunstuff.co.za/community"></category>                        <dc:creator>Againstthegrains</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://allgunstuff.co.za/community/firearm-components/viper-bullets#post-8057</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		