A few tips for the Lee Precision Six Pack Pro.

Started by DuaneWessels, Aug 01, 2023, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuaneWessels

Watch the primer slider!
Try and watch the primer slider to make sure a primer is in the guide on the down stroke and watch for it to return empty on the up stroke. Doing this will prevent you from charging a case without powder and spilling on and under the shell plate. This could lead to the primer pin sticking.
six1.jpeg
six2.jpeg 

The Six Pack Pro loads very quickly and smoothly and if you don't note you could run that primer trough empty.

The last few primers will not feed as they need the weight of an almost full primer trough to feed.

Checking the powder charge!
From my vantage point I can clearly see the powder charge in station 3 and 4. Yes I do have a DAA Magnetic Powder Check Die installed in station 3 but making a habit of checking the powder charge is just safer. Batteries die at the worst of times and that DAA Powder Check works with a battery...
six3.jpeg

And if you do miss a primer and spill powder rather clean the press instead of just forging ahead...
Removing the shell plate to do this is easy.
Remove the index rod at the bottom of the stroke. Remove the case ejector. With the included ΒΌ inch hex key turn the drive bolt clockwise to remove the shell plate. Clean and reinstall.
Progressive presses like to run clean.
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

Treeman

You should collect all these tips into a hour or two DVD and market it.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Aug 01, 2023, 02:19 PMYou should collect all these tips into a hour or two DVD and market it.

What is this DVD thing of which you speak?

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Aug 01, 2023, 02:25 PM
Quote from: Treeman on Aug 01, 2023, 02:19 PMYou should collect all these tips into a hour or two DVD and market it.

What is this DVD thing of which you speak?
Before your time mate, long time ago  when there were still only 2 or 3 genders.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Ja, would that be true I'd be fitter and flatter of stomach. My cd/dvd stocks started doing service as bird scarers in the veggie patch when the last device for playing them in our house kakked it's last.