Functional Enhancements

Started by big5ifty, Aug 07, 2023, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big5ifty

There is now a menu item under [Snapshots] labelled [My Load Data].

[My Load Data] is a shortcut to all your load data, or all load data records created by the logged in user.

This greatly simplifies the process of finding and accessing the data you have entered previously.

Any ideas or suggestions to enhance the UI and make it more user friendly are always welcome.

big5ifty

System response speed should be improved, all image files converted to webp format.

big5ifty

I started transcribing my load data from my file to the site yesterday, and I realised it was missing a copy function. It's not exactly a one-click to assemble one load, and then to assemble it a few times over with just a bullet change or powder / charge change becomes tedious.

Copy function added to load data. It makes an editable duplicate of the current record, and saves it as a new.

Treeman

My little black book does not seem to work with this function  ;)
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

big5ifty

The list boxes on the Search form are now able to be filtered.

Type any string into the field, and it will restrict the list values to those which contain that string.

This makes it much easier to pick the right value in very long lists, without having to scroll the whole list to find it.

big5ifty

I've added a quicker way to add load data, to the [My Load Data] page .

This shortcuts adding load data the long way by first doing a search on Cartridges.

At the bottom of the [My Load Data] page is a section titled [Select Cartridge to add new Load Data].

Pick the cartridge to add data for from the drop list, and click [Add new load for selected cartridge].

When you click on the drop list, you are able optionally type in any string to match the list contents by, such as 'weath' for Weatherby, so you don't have to scroll the whole list to find a cartridge.