So what is the largest caliber anyone has fired

Started by Jimmythethug, May 20, 2022, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmythethug

I reckon I win but lets hear it from you chaps

Treeman

From the shoulder or from a control point  ;D I think I know where you going, you mos a Simonstown chappie ey? Rings a "Bell"
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Jimmythethug

Rather difficult to fire a 550mm torpedo from the shoulder or hip but a few of us sub boys did shoot a 20mm sniping rifle from lower north gun battery in early 86

Ds J

Mohamed

Brian

I can't beat you Jimmy the Thug, but I can equal you. Served Emily Hobhouse, 1975 to 1980, torpedo rating. Brian Isham.

Jimmythethug

Greetings 279. 571 here

Brian

Treeman

Quote from: Brian on May 23, 2022, 01:38 PMI can't beat you Jimmy the Thug, but I can equal you. Served Emily Hobhouse, 1975 to 1980, torpedo rating. Brian Isham.
Brian, Jimmy has a habit of hauling me off to some far town for him to meet up with some sardine mate of his from when he was playing down under.
Perhaps there is a road trip in the making.
Therefore I am me.

Brian

Come on up. Winter weather is great here and we have a (previously military) range a few km's from my house in the bush.

Jimmythethug

I collected a Russian submariner watch that your dad gave me a year or two ago

Brian

Old age and brain degredation is getting the better of you Jimmy, my old man died about 20 odd years ago. You got the watch from me (and if I remember correctly, collected it from my son as I had moved to Mpumalanga). 😂😂

Jimmythethug

I thought about that after I posted. You qualified about 10 years before me and the lightbulb did go on but before I could correct it the site was in admin mode.
But snorting did suck out the good brain cells

Treeman

Its the wine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, the wine did his memory, got box's of wine stored at my place from The Thugs mates in C/T. My mates, think I am a wine collector thanks to the Thug.
Mind ya, if the Thug should disappear for some reason someday, selling his stock here at my place should be a worthy exercise.
Therefore I am me.