Empty steel or wooden tool set / instrument set type case wanted

Started by oafpatroll, Jan 28, 2024, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oafpatroll

I want to make a protective / presentation type case for my Hi Standard 22 target pistol. It came in a cardboard case box with cutouts which is getting a bit buggered up. Would like the kind of thing that sets of tools or instruments like sockets, router bits, punches, measuring devices and similar came in. I'll make up a fabric covered high density foam insert to keep everything in place.

My plan is to make one that looks like the pistol could have come in as a set in the '50s. The target johnnies back then sometimes had carry cases made up for the kit that they would take on the road to competitions. Mine needs space for the removable muzzle brake, under barrel weights, a couple of allen keys, cleaning rod, brush, jag, oil bottle, patches, 4 boxes of ammo and 3 spare mags.

Inside dimensions need to be equal to or greater than 330(length) x 175(width) x 45(depth). Not concerned about cosmetics as long as the boxes are sound. Please let me know if you have something suitable lying around and what you'd like for it.

Need something along the lines of the two below.

To make something a bit like this

To house this and a few other bits and pieces as described above

With some embellishments like reproduction Hi Standard company crest and model specific jiggery pokery like this

Ds J

I have a carrier/delivery case for a headless microphone set. It is a plastic case with outer dimensions of roughly 40cm x 30cm x 10cm.

Most music and tec-shops should have an old one lying around.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Ds J on Jan 28, 2024, 03:54 PMI have a carrier/delivery case for a headless microphone set. It is a plastic case with outer dimensions of roughly 40cm x 30cm x 10cm.

Most music and tec-shops should have an old one lying around.

Thanks for the suggestion but the point of this rabbit hole expedition is to make something that could pass for a period accessory while offering protection. I have a few pelican type cases which would do the job but wouldn't make the right historical noises to make me happy.