How Cody was brought through some of the fears I had.

Started by Treeman, Dec 21, 2023, 07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

I did not want Cody to smoke, but as would be he sat and watched a friend smoking at about 6 years old and because of our relationship he asked if he could also smoke. "No problem my boy, you suck that side put the lighter otherside, enjoy, don't tell mom"
Ja - did not go well for him, had my mates offer him a smoke every time they lit up.

It was years later when a real earth, Woodstock type of friend came by, he rolled his own cigarettes and really made the process look appealing. I saw Cody watching, everytime, he sat fascinated.
So I prepped the wife.
The following day while doing Cody things he tore one of my firelighter bags open (dried used tea bags). Next minute we were told of how he had found where Uncle Garth got his tobacco " it was easy dad, you just tear these open"
So later in day he had collected a whole tray of "tobacco", a life times smoking in fact, all he needed was some paper.
I was to record to show Uncle Garth how clever he was  ;D

The lesson learnt is clear.
20180810_202859_IMG_0475 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

My dad usually had cigarettes at hand when out in the field, simply to dull the hay fever.

He gave me a Gunston cigarette when I asked whether I could try to smoke. Since I thought I was big and strong, I took a big, hard pull on it. My lungs burned for three days after that.

oafpatroll

This reminds me of how relatively hard it is to start smoking. You've really got to want to do it and I don't remember anyone ever saying they loved their first drag. I smoked for 20+ years in total with 2 periods of close to 2 years in between where I stopped dead and then started again after getting blind drunk at pubs. Really glad I was eventually able to kick it permanently.

Treeman

Stopped smoking 2002, saw her 30 yrs younger than in picture sparkling eyes and pearl white teeth, just knew I could not approach her with cigarette stink breath.
Stopped smoking 6 months before I thought I smelt good enough  ;D  ;D  ;D
IMG-20230814-WA0029 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Hot water  spring , if you wondering about the water color.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Roy Beck

Treeman I tried to start smoking when I arrived in Potchefstroom back in 1989, South African Defence Force - Artillery Corps.
Most of the okes smoked, so I thought it must be the way to go. As hard as I tried lol, it never happened....just couldn't find anything about it that I got pleasure from.