Vuurwapens in SAPS bewaring

Started by Ds J, Nov 24, 2022, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ds J

Goeiemôre,

n Familielid het vuurwapens geërf wat hy weens  verstreke lisensies moes inhandig. Die lisensie is goedgekeur, en toe hy alles teruggekry het was dit duidelik dat sommige van die vuurwapens redelik mishandel is. Daar was heelwat nuwe krappe op n haelgeweer, en een van die pistole se glystuk het sleg vasgesit.

Hoe groot is die kans dat sulke vuurwapens uitgeboek of uitgehuur word vir wilddiefstal en/of rooftogte?

-------

A family member inherited some firearms with expired licenses, which he had to hand in. The licenses were approved, but from new marks on the shotgun and a stuck slide on a pistol it is clear that the firearms were maltreated.

Is there any chance (or proof from other cases) that these firearms could have been rented out or booked out for illegal hunting and/or criminal activity?

DuaneWessels

Met hoe dinge deesdae in ons land gaan dink ek die kans is groot.
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

oafpatroll

SAPS lede het derduisende vuurwapens al verkoop. Dit sal my nie verbaas of hulle ook uithuur nie.

Kola

Sleg soos wat dit is stem ek saam, die kanse is ongelukkig goed dat uitgehuur word.
As dit nie is nie, het hulle net nog nie daaraan gedink nie.

Treeman

I have a worker who owns a shebeen, the police leave their service weapons with him as security when they get fuck drunk and run out of money. Do not know all details, but when he told me he told me without indication of it being wrong, illegal or unusual, he was working we spoke while he worked and he did not even stop or lower voice, just chatting.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Nov 26, 2022, 04:38 PMI have a worker who owns a shebeen, the police leave their service weapons with him as security when they get fuck drunk and run out of money. Do not know all details, but when he told me he told me without indication of it being wrong, illegal or unusual, he was working we spoke while he worked and he did not even stop or lower voice, just chatting.

There are at least two worlds existing simultaneously SA and we only know about the leftovers of one of them. I employed a tech in the early noughties who didn't pitch on a monday and caused us not to be able to start a big job on time. Phoned him without success. He called me that evening to say he'd shot someone in a tavern on the sunday and was in police custody but that it was 'being sorted out'. Assuming that I was light one tech on the payroll I started calling around to find a replacement. He came to work on the wednesday and didn't miss a day of work for court related stuff in the two remaining years I owned the business.   

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Nov 26, 2022, 05:14 PM
Quote from: Treeman on Nov 26, 2022, 04:38 PMI have a worker who owns a shebeen, the police leave their service weapons with him as security when they get fuck drunk and run out of money. Do not know all details, but when he told me he told me without indication of it being wrong, illegal or unusual, he was working we spoke while he worked and he did not even stop or lower voice, just chatting.

There are at least two worlds existing simultaneously SA and we only know about the leftovers of one of them. I employed a tech in the early noughties who didn't pitch on a monday and caused us not to be able to start a big job on time. Phoned him without success. He called me that evening to say he'd shot someone in a tavern on the sunday and was in police custody but that it was 'being sorted out'. Assuming that I was light one tech on the payroll I started calling around to find a replacement. He came to work on the wednesday and didn't miss a day of work for court related stuff in the two remaining years I owned the business.   
Sounds about right, my guys also pay family members certain amounts and things are then alright.
Therefore I am me.

Ek het nog nie enige bewerings of bewyse gekry dat privaat wapens wat in bewaring is uitgehuur word nie. Dit sou my egter glad nie verbaas nie.  Ons weet dat 'n groot persentasie van die  organisasie se personeel by georganiseerde misdaad (bendes/sindikate) betrokke is.

Wat wel duidelik is, is dat derduisende wapens wat onder die verskeie amnesties ingehandig is vir vernietiging, hulle weg gevind het na die misdadigers toe.  Sommige van die persone wat hierdie "transaksies" gefasiliteer het is gevang (bv. Kol. Chris Prinsloo), maar vermoedelik is die meeste nog steeds besig daarmee.

Wat ook duidelik is, is dat gestoorde wapens erg mishandel word daar waar hulle gestoor word, of op pad soontoe en terug.  Vir 'n organisasie wat nie behoorlik na hulle eie wapens, voertuie en personeel kan kyk nie, is dit seker nie onverwags nie?

Treeman

My one worker has shebeen, he tells me that the cops often leave their service pistols with him as security if they run out of money ?????
Therefore I am me.