Considering stupid for a moment.

Started by Treeman, Apr 19, 2023, 10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

Note the propellant burning in the air in last frames - stop, pause video. There was no barrel for it to burn in, so it just blew everywhere.
That guy musta been real badly burnt in that clever move.
boom by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

That looks like tiktok bullshit to me. Is there any other type of tiktok?

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Apr 20, 2023, 08:14 AMThat looks like tiktok bullshit to me. Is there any other type of tiktok?
I also thought that at first, and maybe it is, but when I slow the frames down something definitely went off and the airborn burning particles are just like those slow mo pics I have of the .357 firing. The blast of unburnt powder in the air makes those jiggly burn lines - so they burnt some form of propellent or its real, I really think that's an over the top type of detail to put into a Tik Tok fake.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

If it is real then peak stupid has been reached. Why would you put a live cannon round in a lathe much less smash the live centre into the primer? Answers on the back of a used compression bandage.

janfred

Considering that this idiot is/was operating his lathe with no protective cover over the gears, I can easily imagine that he would be stupid enough to slam the centre onto a live primer.

Analysing the video however shows a transition from the normal to extreme light over a single frame and then again to extreme dark also over a single frame with the TikTok logo in more than one place. Now, normal cameras used does not change exposure that quick. Also, TikTok logos are also just in one place on a video.

My vote goes to fake.

Treeman

Likely fake............................. but very well done, those bits of flying burning propellant are convincing. The most "fake" part to me would be the "Why - what fore? Where was this going part"
Therefore I am me.

JamesNotBond

An live 20 odd mm cannon shell would not sound when shook, its propellant is usually a solid form or near solid form.
Can anyone think of a reason why a live shell would be put in a lathe, and why it would be necessary to indicate that its live, other than to lead one on for entertainment reasons that is.

oafpatroll

Quote from: JamesNotBond on Apr 23, 2023, 09:00 PMAn live 20 odd mm cannon shell would not sound when shook, its propellant is usually a solid form or near solid form.
Can anyone think of a reason why a live shell would be put in a lathe, and why it would be necessary to indicate that its live, other than to lead one on for entertainment reasons that is.

Precisely, it absolutely reeks of tiktok fakery.