What happened to Mkonto Gunsmithing ?

Started by big5ifty, Feb 10, 2023, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big5ifty

I got my license for a rifle Craig Clintworth built for me, but when I contacted him to collect, he told me his stock was taken by SAPS.

I got hold of the WO in charge, and was told I could collect from SAPS storage with the required documents.

Hopefully it's still there.

Tripodmvr

Not good news. Tell us when you collect it.

oafpatroll

Bloody hell, that's bad news. Hope your rifle turns up. Two mates of mine have guns in with him too. Do you know when it happened?

Treeman

Eish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder what the SAPS managed to dig up - what piece of bullshit paper work was not correct?
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

There was a story some time ago. Cannot remember where, and also not exactly what or why.

If memory serves correct it concerned two or three gun shops in the same area. It was something along the lines of faulty paperwork on SAPS side which led to their certificates being late, or faults with imported firearms.

If not something like this, it might have been improper procedures or something similar. In any way, I have the impression that they should be able to continue at some point.

big5ifty

From Craig :

"uJst before we closed in December ....it's a crazy situation and makes no sense ....they don't respond to us either....we are taking them to the high court and I've got a magistrate looking at it tomorrow.

The blaser agent , L&O Sports Helgard van Biljoen , complained about us working on their rifles (happy client unhappy agent )

To this day no charges have been laid"

Looks to me like S&O got their buddy in the Hawks to take out a competitor. Useless bastards all round.

Don't the Hawks have enough work investigating government corruption ? I forgot, they stopped doing that a while ago.

Most probably terrified they'll end up in a burnt out car in the veldt somewhere if they do. So they go for law abiding business people instead.

oafpatroll

This makes my blood boil. Craig has done great work for me and a number of friends over the years and I've never had so much as a hint of impropriety. Hope he takes some money off the scum.

Treeman

Is this the Craig from Gun Site ?
Owner ?
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Feb 13, 2023, 09:54 PMIs this the Craig from Gun Site ?
Owner ?

No, it's Craig Klintworth.

JamesNotBond

whole matter sounds like Suff African Mafia style business dealings compliments of mates in politics and law enforcement.

oafpatroll

If SAPS are actively involved in 'enforcing a law' what are the odds of it being above board? Asking for a friend who has lived in the EU for the last 20 years.

Ds J

A friend of mine is well acquainted with Craig. He is still working from home. I hope to get feedback and report on the matter.

oafpatroll

Just one of the examples of how things are so terribly broken. The resources applied to bugger someone like Craig around could be used to address one or more of the myriad real problems related to the illegal use of or trade in firearms. I wish Craig success in his struggle with these bastards and will most certainly be sending him more work as and when it comes up.

Treeman

Therefore I am me.