What happened to Mkonto Gunsmithing ?

Started by big5ifty, Feb 10, 2023, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big5ifty

I gave WO Britz from the Hawks [ they should call themselves the Blind Pigeons ] till tomorrow to find my rifle. I informed him I would be getting a court order for it. Already handed the matter to an attorney yesterday because I know he won't respond to me by tomorrow.

oafpatroll

Quote from: 414gates on Feb 16, 2023, 10:20 PMI gave WO Britz from the Hawks [ they should call themselves the Blind Pigeons ] till tomorrow to find my rifle. I informed him I would be getting a court order for it. Already handed the matter to an attorney yesterday because I know he won't respond to me by tomorrow.

What a mess. Wish you success and the minimum necessary expenditure with this.

Ds J

Quote from: 414gates on Feb 16, 2023, 10:20 PMI gave WO Britz from the Hawks [ they should call themselves the Blind Pigeons ] till tomorrow to find my rifle. I informed him I would be getting a court order for it. Already handed the matter to an attorney yesterday because I know he won't respond to me by tomorrow.

Any results yet?

big5ifty

No result, just a message that he has been busy, but he will look for the rifle next week. Specifically, look for the rifle on the manifest.

He's had weeks to look at the manifest, so that indicates either he could not have been bothered to look till now, or he still doesn't know where the manifest is.

I just wonder why they take firearms from secure storage at a gunsmith, and put them in the hands of SAPS, where thousands if not tens of thousands of firearms have already gone missing.

If he doesn't hustle on it, he'll be busy in court soon.

Treeman

I hope you come right, ugly shit this.
We are forced to realise we are dealing with savages on almost every level of cadre employment.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

big5ifty

Spoke the the CO of the WO today.

Craig moved premises from Benrose to Roodepoort, without changing his licensed address, and according to them, he is operating at an unlicensed premises.

oafpatroll

SAPS, doing the lords work as usual. Must be embarrassing to be a plod in this country.

JamesNotBond

Quote from: 414gates on Feb 21, 2023, 06:11 PMSpoke the the CO of the WO today.

Craig moved premises from Benrose to Roodepoort, without changing his licensed address, and according to them, he is operating at an unlicensed premises.

A matter that could have been dealt with by a letter of notification regarding issue, a deadline or warning to rectify.

Ds J

Quote from: 414gates on Feb 21, 2023, 06:11 PMSpoke the the CO of the WO today.

I spoke to Craig in person this afternoon. His paperwork is in order. All licenses and permits have been applied for etc.

big5ifty

So end result is I got the rifle in my hands.

The Captain at SAPS in Roodepoort was very helpful, the Captain of the Hawks was also accomodating, and between them they organised the necessary paperwork.

It's one of those disjointed, inter-departmental situations. The Hawks dump a bunch of guns at SAPS for storage, then go home and leave SAPS to sort the mess out.

SAPS can't release the guns, the Hawks don't know what guns there are, and the two don't talk to each other.

Treeman

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

oafpatroll

Glad to hear that you got the mess sorted out and that there are SAPSers who still try to function. I cannot imagine a much more demoralising place for a diligent and honourable person drawn to policing to work than there.