FN Browning Auto-5 clones

Started by Ds J, Jul 19, 2023, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ds J

Goeiemiddag, weet iemand iets oor die (Yamamoto) Pointer haelgewere wat in Japan vervaardig is?

Dit is n kloon van die Browning Auto-5 haelgewere, maar sommige VSA-forums sê dat die Browning parte nie sal pas op die Pointer nie?

-----

Hi Folks, does anyone know anything about the (Yamamoto) Pointer shotguns which were made in Japan?

They were clones of the Browning Auto-5 shotguns, but some US forums say that Browning parts won't fit the Pointers? 

oafpatroll

I've never come across one in person. Have you got a line on one?

Ds J

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jul 19, 2023, 06:10 PMI've never come across one in person. Have you got a line on one?

Maybe,  not certain yet.

I have trouble aiming and hitting with a shotgun,  but this design fits better.

oafpatroll

I know the auto 5 reasonably well. If the one you are looking at is a fairly close copy and of high quality, as most Japanese guns seem to be, I dont think you'll be disappointed. Best of luck with the acquisition.

Ds J

https://webuygun.co.za/product/12-gauge-pointer/

Mine, all mine!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ek kan regtig aanbeveel dat julle na webuyguns gaan kyk. Hulle werk sàam met/vir/deur Wildman en ek het goeie diens gekry.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Ds J on Jul 20, 2023, 09:49 AMhttps://webuygun.co.za/product/12-gauge-pointer/

Ek kan regtig aanbeveel dat julle na webuyguns gaan kyk. Hulle werk sàam met/vir/deur Wildman en ek het goeie diens gekry.

Veels geluk Ds J! That is an awful lot of gun for the money and it looks like it's in fantastic shape.   

Tripodmvr

Nou regtig nie een van die mooiste haelgewere nie, maar defnislis 'n funksionele wapen. Hoop jy kry jou lisensie gou-gou en dat hy vir jou sal "werk".

Ds J

Baie dankie!

Daar is werklik net een rede waarom ek hom gekoop het, nl dat ek jare gelede met n stokou, afgeleefde FN Browning A5 aan n skietdag by PAAA in Pretoria deelgeneem het.

Daardie dag het ek tot my eie verbasing sonder enige probleme behoorlik raakgeskiet met die haelgeweer. n Ervare skut het my agterna gevra hoe lank ek al haelgeweer skiet en ek kon eerlik sê dat dit die eerste skote met n semi-outomatiese haelgeweer was.

Nou moet die papierwerk deurkom en dan die lang wag. Tot my troos moet ek sê dat ek een of twee keer werklik net ses of agt weke gewag het.

Treeman

Quote from: Ds J on Jul 20, 2023, 09:49 AMhttps://webuygun.co.za/product/12-gauge-pointer/

Jaaaaa boet, know that feeling. ;D
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

I'm more than a little jealous. Have a soft spot for pretty much everything that came from the mind of Le Maitre and father of modern firearm's mind as well as for Japanese sporting guns so it has me covered all over!. This one would find a very welcoming home in my shotty safe where it would have to make friends with my mid '80's SKB O/U field gun.

A good mate of mine, a knowledgeable and accomplished shotgunner who had national colours and represented SA in the States a number of times said that Ds J's experience of it being a good fit is a very common observation of people who have shot them.

Ds J

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jul 20, 2023, 06:36 PMA good mate of mine, a knowledgeable and accomplished shotgunner who had national colours and represented SA in the States a number of times said that Ds J's experience of it being a good fit is a very common observation of people who have shot them.

Could you please ask him whether he knows anything about the Auto-Pointer shotguns? Some of them are said to have different internal mechanisms.

Ds J

Ek moet so n bietjie vir myself lag want ek was lanklaas so opgewonde.

Die haelgeweer is beslis n Yamamoto Auto-Pointer. Sommige forums sê dat die Browning parte kan pas; die meerderheid sê dat die parte nie noodwendig sal pas nie. Sommige eienaars noem dat die hoofveer anders lyk en anders werk. 

Dr Google was uiteindelik behulpsaam: "  Description: This listing is for the exact shotgun in the photos. We recognized and liked what we called the Pointer Pup back in the 1960s, what few there were, and here is one. Manufacturer was Yamamoto Firearms of Kochi, Japan, from 1963 until 1972. Exclusive US Importer was Sloans of CT during that period. This shotgun and its milling equipment reappeared in 1975 at the B.C. Miroku Company of Nankoku, Japan, 7 miles away, as the named model Auto Five Light Twelve. This shotgun, then, is the direct ancestor to the Miroku made Auto Five Light Twelves manufactured from 1975 until 1998 when production ceased. We estimate it was manufactured in the late 1960s."

(https://www.gunsamerica.com/993349843/Japanese-made-Browning-A5-Clone-Yamamoto-Auto-Pointer-2-3-4-inch-24-Cut-Cylinder-Bore-Scope-Base-Vent-Rib-Tang-Repairs-ca-1968-Manufacture-.htm )

oafpatroll

Quote from: Ds J on Jul 21, 2023, 11:58 AM
Quote from: oafpatroll on Jul 20, 2023, 06:36 PMA good mate of mine, a knowledgeable and accomplished shotgunner who had national colours and represented SA in the States a number of times said that Ds J's experience of it being a good fit is a very common observation of people who have shot them.

Could you please ask him whether he knows anything about the Auto-Pointer shotguns? Some of them are said to have different internal mechanisms.

I did and unfortunately he doesn't have any first hand experience of them. He echoed my view that there were few of any low quality sporting guns exported from Japan in the period.

Ds J