Reloading 9mmP. Which bullet brand to use?

Started by Mohamed, Aug 30, 2022, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohamed

Soon I will begin reloading for my 9mmP and have been gathering some of the equipment and components to use. I am going to purchase some bullets soon and I am not sure which to get. Any recommendations between Bullet Corp, Silver Rapids and Zero Mike or any other make ? I will be using it for range use so looking at possibly 124g/125g.
Any advice and recommendations appreciated.

ARK

Slm...

I also recently started reloading thus far I have little experience with Frontier 147gr Cmjs I got from bullets and brass, I recently purchased silver rapids and just asked advice on another thread, so will keep you posted. The Cmjs were a breeze to load and worked really well however they are considerably more pricey

Mohamed

Slm ARK
Thanks. Will keep an eye on the thread as well.

big5ifty

The main difference is in the brass prep for CMJ versus cast.

A CMJ bullet can be seated into a resized case without flaring the mouth.

A cast, coated bullet needs to be seated into a flared case mouth, and no roll crimp. This is to ensure the coating is not damaged or scraped off the bullet in the seating operation.

DuaneWessels

I have shot all of the mentioned coated bullets. All work as advertised, you just need to...as 414gates say...prep your cases a bit differently.

A bit more flare to accommodate the larger bullet and base. Cast bullets are sized to .356inch, CMJ's are sized to .355inch.

A bit less crimp, just enough to take the flare away and prevent setback. Your case mouth should measure .380inch.
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

Mohamed

Thanks guys for all the input. Much appreciated. Will be going with cast bullets. Will probably try the various brands over time, but will get some from bullet corp for now. A step closer to begin the process.

Treeman

Quote from: Mohamed on Aug 31, 2022, 01:41 PMThanks guys for all the input. Much appreciated. Will be going with cast bullets. Will probably try the various brands over time, but will get some from bullet corp for now. A step closer to begin the process.
Check under dealers section, some new guys there as well.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Mohamed

Quote from: Treeman on Aug 31, 2022, 02:26 PM
Quote from: Mohamed on Aug 31, 2022, 01:41 PMThanks guys for all the input. Much appreciated. Will be going with cast bullets. Will probably try the various brands over time, but will get some from bullet corp for now. A step closer to begin the process.
Check under dealers section, some new guys there as well.

Thanks Treeman, did have a look and placed an order with Bullet Corp.