.223 Sub Sonic

Started by Treeman, Sep 28, 2022, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Oct 18, 2022, 05:41 PMThe reason for heavy bullets is that lighter bullets need very small charges so as to not exceed the speed of sound. The extra weight of the bullet needs more oomph and charges then increase in volume and tend to give better consistency and then accuracy.
Which is the exact opposite of hyper sonic reloading where heavier has less charge than lighter bullets
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Tripodmvr

Quote from: Treeman on Oct 19, 2022, 07:45 AM
Quote from: Tripodmvr on Oct 18, 2022, 05:41 PMThe reason for heavy bullets is that lighter bullets need very small charges so as to not exceed the speed of sound. The extra weight of the bullet needs more oomph and charges then increase in volume and tend to give better consistency and then accuracy.
Which is the exact opposite of hyper sonic reloading where heavier has less charge than lighter bullets

Correct yes. The whole exercise of going subsonic is a field of its own. The rules that apply are such that it needs careful study and following the recipes that have been found to be safe through practical experimentation.