What is your personal stance regarding the current FCA (Legislation)

Started by NoStepOnSnek88, Nov 13, 2023, 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOULD THE CFR (REGISTRY) BE ABOLISHED IN ITS ENTIRETY

YES.
6 (85.7%)
NO, NEVER.
0 (0%)
IT SERVES AN IMPORTANT PURPOSE.
0 (0%)
NOT SURE, ON THE FENCE (NEUTRAL).
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Ds J

Firearms are usually regulated because governments do not trust the people, or because of control. In SA, the ANC wanted all firearms removed when they were negotiating with the NP before 1994. Hence, we can assume that the CFA is part of the political program, and still  intends to disarm the people.

Why was there a time when countries like SA and the US had very little, or no firearm legislation at all? What changed from before 1939?

Another thing is that our society became aware that not all folks should have firearms. However, controlling guns does not stop crime, and in a country like ours where violence and firearms is part of society, the good folks should have even more freedom to protect themselves.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Ds J on Dec 18, 2023, 06:28 PMAnother thing is that our society became aware that not all folks should have firearms. However, controlling guns does not stop crime, and in a country like ours where violence and firearms is part of society, the good folks should have even more freedom to protect themselves.

That is the bottom line. There are a great many people who should be prevented from possessing and doing all sorts of things for the greater good of society. Sadly the ability of the state to discern which of those should be so controlled is influenced by their desire for power and who they need to BS and pay to retain it as much as their ability to do it.

Ds J

Quote from: oafpatroll on Dec 18, 2023, 07:34 PM
Quote from: Ds J on Dec 18, 2023, 06:28 PMAnother thing is that our society became aware that not all folks should have firearms. However, controlling guns does not stop crime, and in a country like ours where violence and firearms is part of society, the good folks should have even more freedom to protect themselves.

That is the bottom line. There are a great many people who should be prevented from possessing and doing all sorts of things for the greater good of society. Sadly the ability of the state to discern which of those should be so controlled is influenced by their desire for power and who they need to BS and pay to retain it as much as their ability to do it.

The government's job is - theoretically - very easy: they should help us do the things which are difficult to do on our own. Schools, roads, hospitals and protecting against larger  groups who can harm us. The rest we can do ourselves.

Unfortunately, power is the one thing that mankind cannot handle properly. Most people want to be important. Democracy in our age is not about serving the people, but rather about winning the next election.

Give the people the power to look out for themselves and sort out their own troubles and the petty crooks will not be able to do their evil deeds.

Againstthegrains

I live in George, the SAPS here are honest, hard working people suffering under poor leadership and policy from central government. I don't share the same negativity to the SAPS as others in ZA who have had horrendous experiences.

Some of my ideas would work well, in a DA led separatist Western Cape.

Our current FCA is not that bad relative to other countries. It allows private FA ownership of most classes of FA's and offers some restrictions to stop us becoming a nut house, where crazy stupid people can have lots of guns.

The problem is not the act, it is government's role in the implementation of the act. Lets please separate these issues. We are all familiar with the latter. This thread was supposed to discuss the former, not have a moaning session about the ZA kakistocracy we are suffering under.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Dec 19, 2023, 03:40 PMI live in George, the SAPS here are honest, hard working people suffering under poor leadership and policy from central government. I don't share the same negativity to the SAPS as others in ZA who have had horrendous experiences.

SAPS is overwhelmingly crap at everything they do on a national level. The fact that your piece of paradise sort of works is a statistical outlier. You need go no further than the billions stolen during their covid emergency procurement gravy festival and their own abysmal national crime and case resolution statistics to confirm that.     

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Dec 19, 2023, 03:40 PMSome of my ideas would work well, in a DA led separatist Western Cape.

Which would be a different country and is therefore largely irrelevant to us sacks that live elsewhere.

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Dec 19, 2023, 03:40 PMOur current FCA is not that bad relative to other countries. It allows private FA ownership of most classes of FA's and offers some restrictions to stop us becoming a nut house, where crazy stupid people can have lots of guns.

The act has as much to do with preventing us becoming a nut house as Cele does with law enforcement. It'a also poor in many respects as it allows SAPS to make up their own regulations under it's authority. It also created a vast bureaucracy that took thousands of cops off the streets to shuffle paper, a task at which they perform more poorly than actual policing. The crazy people who shouldn't have guns aren't impacted a jot by the act and they have ll they need, much of it provided by SAPS themselves and the SANDF. I'd be interested in hearing which bits of it you think are good legislation.

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Dec 19, 2023, 03:40 PMThe problem is not the act, it is government's role in the implementation of the act. Lets please separate these issues. We are all familiar with the latter. This thread was supposed to discuss the former, not have a moaning session about the ZA kakistocracy we are suffering under.

Acts are only as useful as their ability to be implemented allows them to be. The FCA, even if it were a top class piece of legislation, is as useful as tits on a pig if there is no way to implement it such that achieves it's aims. 

janfred

This has now become unpleasant. I have a great idea.

Take this thread to Gunsite where it belongs and leave this site to us ostriches that want to talk about guns and hunting and reloading.

I was promised a forum devoid of this crap. Make it so.

oafpatroll

Quote from: janfred on Dec 19, 2023, 04:37 PMThis has now become unpleasant. I have a great idea.

Take this thread to Gunsite where it belongs and leave this site to us ostriches that want to talk about guns and hunting and reloading.

Eh? This is about gun legislation. I fail to see what you are objecting to.

NoStepOnSnek88

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Dec 19, 2023, 03:40 PMI live in George, the SAPS here are honest, hard working people suffering under poor leadership and policy from central government. I don't share the same negativity to the SAPS as others in ZA who have had horrendous experiences.

Some of my ideas would work well, in a DA led separatist Western Cape.

Our current FCA is not that bad relative to other countries. It allows private FA ownership of most classes of FA's and offers some restrictions to stop us becoming a nut house, where crazy stupid people can have lots of guns.

The problem is not the act, it is government's role in the implementation of the act. Lets please separate these issues. We are all familiar with the latter. This thread was supposed to discuss the former, not have a moaning session about the ZA kakistocracy we are suffering under.

I'm not arguing that there's honest and hardworking individuals within SAPS, but they're most definitely the vast minority and its hard to do a great job with no leadership and no resources.

As for the WC, don't forget about members like Chris Prinsloo and the likes.

The issue with your ideas is a fallacy, you still want strict control. It has been proven many times over and over again, that stricter gun control legislation does NOT combat crime or keep crazy stupid people away from it.

What has the CFR achieved?
a true Hoplophile, this is the way.
How To Fight Gun Control South Africa 🇿🇦
Telegram Main Group Link: https://t.me/+qzLqIPl_FEg1ZDA0

NoStepOnSnek88

Quote from: janfred on Dec 19, 2023, 04:37 PMThis has now become unpleasant. I have a great idea.

Is this not a Forum?

Are we not allowed to discuss and debate gun control ?

If you haven't noticed, our FA rights are being attacked, we need a lot more people to get involved in discussions like this, we need all the organisations, associations, dealers, individuals etc to call out the BS that's being spewed.

I'm on a few Forums, if you disagree with something or you have no interest in the topic, then you simply ignore it and move on.
a true Hoplophile, this is the way.
How To Fight Gun Control South Africa 🇿🇦
Telegram Main Group Link: https://t.me/+qzLqIPl_FEg1ZDA0

MSW2

And pretty soon if nothing is done hunting season will open on Ostriches....

Againstthegrains

And pretty soon if nothing is done hunting season will open on Ostriches....
[/quote]

Excellent, what is the day fee, and how much is it for a trophy ostrich? ;D

MSW2

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Dec 20, 2023, 12:33 PMAnd pretty soon if nothing is done hunting season will open on Ostriches....

Excellent, what is the day fee, and how much is it for a trophy ostrich? ;D
[/quote]

Free in this case. If Sergeant (or could be WO by now) Janeke is still in George, please send my regards.