Licence applications returned by the 1000's ? true false ?

Started by Treeman, Mar 23, 2023, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

Just got it in from an friend, thousands of applications are being sent back in mass as they do not have photos of the safes attached. Those that did have photos of safes were returned for not having photos of the mounting bolts and if they did you also need a photo showing the whole safe so that the safe the bolts and the lock mechanism is visable in one photo.
So! You had that, like me ?
I bet you did not have this part right - a sworn declaration stating - well, no one knows yet. No DFA  knows yet. The declaration must evidently be set out in a certain way and have certain wording - statements. The wording,format has not been released yet, but that does not mean the applications are not being sent back for  not having them attached.
I am informed that PE has sent two vehicles to collect its share of returns dateing from May 2022 in some cases.
Talk of 100 applications in my area alone ?
At the moment this is all "shhhh" and " I hear", but if you visit your DFO  today do not expect a friendly happy chap to greet you today, they are all the moering for wasted time and work.
My application today was greeted with " do not waste your time Treeman, we do not even know what they actually want now"

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Bit later in day now, getting messages of guys licences being approved and one of mine is in final stage as of today. Wondering where in sequence of events are they returning licences ? I got a feeling its the last batch that went up or out, they returning stuff not yet in the system. The Captain said to me some of returns date back to May.

Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Our DFO has been asking for safe photos like you mentioned for the past five years.

NoStepOnSnek88

Treeman, first of all nowhere in the FCA does it state or suggest that photos of your safe should be included in your motivation/license application, but unfortunately, DFO's make up their own rules when it comes to submitting applications, and the majority of associations, as well as organisations, and motivation service providers etc... would request photos of your safe, be included in your application.

It's the same as with an S16 application, again nowhere in the FCA does it state or say that an S16 application should be accompanied by a motivation, but yet again most DFO's would not accept your S16 application, if there isn't a motivation attached with it, and again the majority of the associations, organisations, and most definitely the motivation service providers would indeed agree, that it's a must to attach a comprehensive motivation with your S16 application.

If this is in fact true and is the new standard so to speak, this is blatantly another piece of Gun Control. Hopefully, this is a misunderstanding or some sort of hoax, I cannot verify this information, but I will post on the GOSA Facebook group and others and see if someone has any further details on this or knows what is going on. I will revert back to this thread, once I have verified information on this.

a true Hoplophile, this is the way.
How To Fight Gun Control South Africa 🇿🇦
Telegram Main Group Link: https://t.me/+qzLqIPl_FEg1ZDA0

Tripodmvr

Rather than a set of photos with every application, I suggested a sworn affidavit stating that your situation regarding the safe has not changed. This was not eagerly accepted as an easier step with less paperwork.

It is time that we press for digital lodgement and do away with the stacks of paper. Photos and fingerprints are easy to capture and most estates work with them for access cards.

Treeman

Quote from: NoStepOnSnek88 on Mar 24, 2023, 05:06 AMTreeman, first of all nowhere in the FCA does it state or suggest that photos of your safe should be included in your motivation/license application, but unfortunately, DFO's make up their own rules when it comes to submitting applications, and the majority of associations, as well as organisations, and motivation service providers etc... would request photos of your safe, be included in your application.

It's the same as with an S16 application, again nowhere in the FCA does it state or say that an S16 application should be accompanied by a motivation, but yet again most DFO's would not accept your S16 application, if there isn't a motivation attached with it, and again the majority of the associations, organisations, and most definitely the motivation service providers would indeed agree, that it's a must to attach a comprehensive motivation with your S16 application.

If this is in fact true and is the new standard so to speak, this is blatantly another piece of Gun Control. Hopefully, this is a misunderstanding or some sort of hoax, I cannot verify this information, but I will post on the GOSA Facebook group and others and see if someone has any further details on this or knows what is going on. I will revert back to this thread, once I have verified information on this.
Yes, all said is true, none of the mentioned requirements or in the act - yet today saw a pile of about 100 applications on a side desk in Walmer - RETURNED

Therefore I am me.

Ds J

I just remember now that a previous dfo told me the requirements of photos came into being because safe inspections took the dfo's too long.

Treeman

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY KEEP CHANGING WHAT THEY WANT. I always attach black and white scans of safe - they now want color photo's and they must be signed with ID number.
Screenshot_20230324_085856_WhatsApp by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
Therefore I am me.

DFO's making up their own rules as they go...

I have submitted a few applications recently, last one was in February.  None of this nonsense yet.

I do have a few applications stuck somewhere due to who knows what.  Some of the issues could be sorted, mainly relating to the CFR system losing data and the ownership status of the FA on their system reverting to a previous owner.

There is no limit to their creativity when it comes to sabotage.

NoStepOnSnek88

This is not what most want to hear or be told, but you do not have to comply with these DFO requirements, it is possible to make a complaint with the Station Commander, to inform him your safe is correctly installed and the DFO's office should physically do an inspection. Because if something goes wrong they will simply shift the blame to you, as you are the one who wrote the Affidavit etc...
a true Hoplophile, this is the way.
How To Fight Gun Control South Africa 🇿🇦
Telegram Main Group Link: https://t.me/+qzLqIPl_FEg1ZDA0

Treeman

My mates .303 app has just been returned. He lost his white or green card licence and reapplied.
The weapon is his fathers fathers .303 and he has his fathers licence, but lost his.
Evidently the weapon is still registered to the SANDF - 70 years later and 3 licenced owners down line ?
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Applied for licence with 3 colour photo's today, no issues, checked - accepted.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Quote from: Treeman on Mar 29, 2023, 07:41 AMMy mates .303 app has just been returned. He lost his white or green card licence and reapplied.
The weapon is his fathers fathers .303 and he has his fathers licence, but lost his.
Evidently the weapon is still registered to the SANDF - 70 years later and 3 licenced owners down line ?

My father passed away 2011. A year or two before his death the CFR called him about rifles he sold during the mid or late 1970's.

I firmly believe the rumour I heard that a virus got into the SAPS computer system during the late 1990's or early 2000's and destroyed vast amounts of their intel.

Tripodmvr

When I had to do the re-licensing in 2006, the computer did not reflect all my firearms. My 243 did not come up when my ID No. was entered. When I gave them the rifle's number it was found and showed as being licensed to me. The cross links between owner's surname, ID and firearm number had been scrambled and the intelligence lost. At that stage I believe a vetting of licenses would have been a cheaper and easier solution to get their system up to date.

Hopefully the system will be jacked up and reflect the true picture.

JamesNotBond

My .44 was stolen in the safe about 7-8 years ago. Numerous follow up calls all resulted in the same answer, I have no firearms registered to my name. About 5 years ago a business armed robbery resulted in my firearm being recovered and returned to me within a month or two.
Received an phone call informing me that my weapon had been recovered and to come collect it. Produced green card and walked out with the firearm the following day.
Nothing to it simple, simple, could not believe it.