Another great hunter entrapped by woman

Started by Treeman, Nov 15, 2023, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

Many of ya folk on the forum know Cody from about 4 years old, thats 11 years. Well it seems the lad has fallen to the ways of those that came before him.

Woman

It started out like with all the boys chatting at night on group chats, except the one day there was a girls voice - nice that, a mixed group of kids doing what kids do these days.
I soon noticed that some nights there were no boys voices, just this female yakkering on for like a hour at a time.
So I joined in one night and met Megan, lovely lively girl - one of those champaines among people, bubbly.
I am so fortunate with the relationship Cody and I have, no problems "Megan this is my Dad", thats it, no issues, sometimes I join them for a few minutes sometimes not.
Somewhere between cleaning rifle after last hunt we have gone from "any girls Cody? " - "naaaaa Dad, not interested" to having been to motor racing with parents and having about 6 week ends scratched off to do something with Megan.
Turns out her father and I biked all the biking years together  :o

So about a week ago I get asked about asking Megan to be his girl, the subject for that week.
The result

20231113_124502 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

The result is now my every hunt, fishing trip and moment for the last 10 years has a girlfriend.
 I am very happy to say it sucks !, wonderfully terribly proudly sucks. Why could he not just like stay my buddy without the chicks ? Why did this have to become reality so fkn fast, yesterday it was " what we doing this week end Dad" on Monday evening, now its "Daaad, I cant because Megan >>>>>>"

I wonder if whisky helps the confusion? good whisky.

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

DaavG

Take Megan with... Win win all round. My wife loves fishing and hunting.

oafpatroll

That's a big bunch of flowers. That boy has fallen hard!

Treeman

Quote from: DaavG on Nov 16, 2023, 11:26 AMTake Megan with... Win win all round. My wife loves fishing and hunting.
Yea, she will likely take up the hunt with ease, both the sisters did motor racing and the elder now races bikes on the tar circuite.
Anycase, we will see, I will see.
 https://youtu.be/xZbKHDPPrrc
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Quote from: Treeman on Nov 16, 2023, 01:45 PM
Quote from: DaavG on Nov 16, 2023, 11:26 AMTake Megan with... Win win all round. My wife loves fishing and hunting.
Yea, she will likely take up the hunt with ease, both the sisters did motor racing and the elder now races bikes on the tar circuite.
Anycase, we will see, I will see.
 https://youtu.be/xZbKHDPPrrc

Therefore I am me.

Tripodmvr

Boomman (translated Treeman), jy was ook op jou dae jonk en jeukerig.

Treeman

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Nov 16, 2023, 01:57 PMBoomman (translated Treeman), jy was ook op jou dae jonk en jeukerig.
Net so Ja !
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

So ! I get a phone call from the Dad today, just to tell me they so happy that their daughter has a boyfriend like Cody, turns out they seem a bit religious - " No father can ask for a nicer young man than your son to be with their daughter, our prayers have been answered"
Bit emotional thing for me, but hell man I had fk'all to do with the nice in that boy, I just made it clear what not to do, like ya know, this is my story my boy - like the list of things not to do.
Ya so kinda less grumpy now  ;D

But FFS guys - 25 Nov with G/F, pre booked. 06 Dec pre booked.

I have not hunted even once without Cody in 10 Years, 8 years in regard to fishing, every move at my side, every experience.
I know this is a hunting shooting forum, but hell I wonder if everybody goes through this same thing ? Are there guys out there that do not ? 
81-yTHaRHNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

I wonder if its not a bit like this because I had Cody at like 40 yrs old. I wonder if I am like the old man.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

I doubt if there is a greater compliment possible on the character of one's son than that. You have good reason to be proud of him and you very likely grossly underestimate your part in making him what he is. Good young men don't typically come out from under shitty parents in my experience.

Daneel Du Preez

Mr Davey Dave...

I feel I can comment as I know Cody pretty well.
He is a wonderful young man who has a heart bigger than the African sky.
I do believe that you have had a hand to bringing him up to be the respectful, truly caring and considerate young man he is today.
There does however come a time where you can only sit back and watch how he starts venturing out in the world without you and I think it is just the natural progression of life.
A new chapter in his future which you will always be a part of but maybe not always be with him.

Well done to you and Anita on raising a man amongst boys.

Tripodmvr

Dave, welcome to the realities of parenthood. Once my son was out of the house I started thinking of how well balanced a person he was and if we did a good job in teaching him the ways of life. Then you realize that nobody formally taught you how to be a good parent. You pass on a great deal of what you learnt from your parents, so you can be extremely grateful to them for what they achieved with you.

When it comes to Cody, you have stumbled along on a good path. Doe so voort.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Nov 17, 2023, 03:19 PMYou pass on a great deal of what you learnt from your parents, so you can be extremely grateful to them for what they achieved with you.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Treeman

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Nov 17, 2023, 03:19 PM. Doe so voort.
Doe so voort.............................in south african taal - "Fok maar voort"
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Nov 17, 2023, 04:06 PM
Quote from: Tripodmvr on Nov 17, 2023, 03:19 PMYou pass on a great deal of what you learnt from your parents, so you can be extremely grateful to them for what they achieved with you.

Couldn't agree more with this.
Geeeees ! never thought of it like that,  :o  my parents did not have much to work with  ;D , I at one stage was in the holding cells at least once a month, mostly whacking cops or whacking cops back, fighting - fighting - few car accidents, breaking a cops fingers, joy riding a police van ( not my fault, they left the keys in the van while arresting a drunk friend, so we parked the van somewhere else - only got caught because it was such fun playing on the radio)
Ya - my parents must have worked overtime. Amazing I have no criminal record, just fkn naughty, no real crimes - except when we went roof surfing on the airport runway, no one else found it fun. Luckily I had to report for national service in about 5 hours, so I was kinda let off - be it with a few bruises and bumps I achieved along the way.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Good evening Dave, the best thing you ever could give Cody was your time. It means he grew up secure, and could learn fending for himself under a watchful eye of a very experienced man.

Yes, he had to spread his wings sometime; you can either sulk and mope, or enjoy his flights. It is much like hunting - he learnt hunting at your side, and now he can take out hunters. He did as you did, and get along very well.

He watched you and your wife, and now he will do the same there.

If ever necessary, he can call me as to the religious side of things.