Cast Lead Bonded Polymer Jacket

Started by ErickvS, Nov 18, 2023, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErickvS

Good day fellow members.
Has anyone used Cast Lead Bonded Polymer Jacket rounds before in a 9mm?
I am looking at this option as a cheaper "range day" round, but worried that it might damage the barrel.
Appreciate your feedback.
Regards

oafpatroll

Quote from: ErickvS on Nov 18, 2023, 12:55 PMGood day fellow members.
I am looking at this option as a cheaper "range day" round, but worried that it might damage the barrel.
Regards

I haven't shot any of the commercial stuff but have shot 10s of thousands of homemade cast and powder coated 9mm bullets through two of my pistols without issue. I can't think of any reason that the commercial stuff would do any damage.

ErickvS

Quote from: oafpatroll on Nov 18, 2023, 02:13 PM
Regards

I haven't shot any of the commercial stuff but have shot 10s of thousands of homemade cast and powder coated 9mm bullets through two of my pistols without issue. I can't think of any reason that the commercial stuff would do any damage.

Thank you so much for the feedback

oafpatroll

oafpatroll

A double dipped example of the 9mm pellets. The first coat was red and didn't cover well so i ran them through the powder blue and got this funny speckled egg thing going on.

Have put a good few hundred through my .270 Win with great success too.

Treeman

I have run a few thousand 9 mm bullets from Silver Rapids and 2 other manufactures without issue. These are all world class up to standard good to go bullets.
I have run many hundreds of 357 and 44 that I coated myself, some well and some much like the Oaf's first tries, all shot very well. I believe there is less fouling than with lead or copper jacket bullets.

I have also had a few hundred .223 that I bought, but they were good for 30 m before accuracy went south.

If you do buy a batch, buy a big batch and buy the "Smartie Pack" - they more accurate.
                                                 ;D
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

NoStepOnSnek88

Regards

Greetings @ErickvS  :)

Right from the very start, I've only used Silver Rapids 147gr, to be honest, I don't see how it could "damage" your barrel.

I've also not experienced any lead fouling with them, I've loaded for a Glock 19X, Glock 43X, and CZ Shadow one.

PS: If you are in or near the Roodepoort, Gauteng area, I'm happy to give you a hundred (100) or so to test out if you wish.
a true Hoplophile, this is the way.
How To Fight Gun Control South Africa 🇿🇦
Telegram Main Group Link: https://t.me/+qzLqIPl_FEg1ZDA0

Treeman

Quote from: NoStepOnSnek88/b] experienced any lead fouling with them, I've loaded for a Glock 19X, Glock 43X, and CZ Shadow one.

PS: If you are in or near the Roodepoort, Gauteng area, I'm happy to give you a hundred (100) or so to test out if you wish.
very generous, but I bet you won't give away primers   :o  :o  ;D
Shits got real with primers ey?
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

NoStepOnSnek88

Quote from: Treeman on Nov 18, 2023, 07:29 PM
Quote from: NoStepOnSnek88/b] experienced any lead fouling with them, I've loaded for a Glock 19X, Glock 43X, and CZ Shadow one.

very generous, but I bet you won't give away primers  :o  :o  ;D
Shits got real with primers ey?

@Treeman , at least I stocked up last year when prices weren't as crazy as now. I'll do a swap with you for some of your Bush Pig meat  ;D  ;D  ;D
a true Hoplophile, this is the way.
How To Fight Gun Control South Africa 🇿🇦
Telegram Main Group Link: https://t.me/+qzLqIPl_FEg1ZDA0

ErickvS

Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated. @NoStepOnSnek88, I might take you up on that offer  ;D