What rifle is this ?

Started by Treeman, Dec 08, 2023, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

BBCT

Looks like a Mauser 98 to me.

Ds J

Karabiner 98

The M98 did not have the cutouts for a sling, and beneath the bolt.

Mauser 98k.

Some later models had the turned-down bolt and cutout under the bolt handle, like the 1941 Portuguese contract models, for example.

https://tse4.explicit.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Keoe6tYxu4BWgFAaeQS4XwHaBZ&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

Treeman

Its the sling cut out that got me interested. I started thinking it was one of those american garant or Brownings. See, much as I like firearms, my like is mostly confined to ones I have or want.
I know far more about the calibers than I know about the rifles.Even worse with hand guns.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

The M30 Carbine has a similar cutout on the stock.

It is one calibre and firearm I would love to buy for my wife for sport shooting, but the price, spares and cases makes it a rough choice.

Quote from: Ds J on Dec 09, 2023, 12:43 PMThe M30 Carbine has a similar cutout on the stock.

It is one calibre and firearm I would love to buy for my wife for sport shooting, but the price, spares and cases makes it a rough choice.

While the .30 M1 Carbine is a desirable piece, from a practical viewpoint one of the many 9mmP Carbines makes much more sense

Treeman

.30 m1 - thats the American name I was looking for, I thought it might be one of them, but Ya !

K 98 is the answer ? ?
Therefore I am me.