Wildebeest hunt

Started by Mohamed, Jun 19, 2023, 11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohamed

Blue wildebeest cow shot this weekend near Swartruggens, NW.
Carcass weight 92kg. Shot at 146m, 308win, 168gr Barnes Vortx.
Saturday close to 30km walking without seeing much Wildebeest, Sunday morning another couple of Km walking before coming across a heard of wildebeest. Stalked and waited for 20 minutes before being able to take a shot. Wildebeest was found approximately 30m from where it was shot. No blood trail between where it was shot and where we found it, with not much blood when it was ritually slaughtered. Did close to 40km walking between Saturday and Sunday late morning. Really enjoyed the time spent in the bush. There were many opportunities on other game this weekend but not much on wildebeest. Seems like whenever I go hunting, I see everything but what I am looking for, as if the game know they on the menu. 

WB1.jpg

Tripodmvr

Well done. Barnes is best!!!!!

oafpatroll

Congrats! That's work and reward that the guys on the backs of bakkies will likely not appreciate.

Mohamed

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jun 20, 2023, 08:35 AMCongrats! That's work and reward that the guys on the backs of bakkies will likely not appreciate.

Thank you. Lots of hard work but well worth the reward.

Treeman

Would you mind talking us through the shot, placement and reaction of the beast.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.