Doppler chronograph by FX

Started by Tripodmvr, Feb 17, 2023, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

can the average RSA guy afford this?
I have watched this whole chroni "MUST" have and "thats not good enough" saga, I still can not see why the old Chroni Chroni is not ample for the average gay developing loads for hunting whatever.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Feb 20, 2023, 09:09 PMcan the average RSA guy afford this?
I have watched this whole chroni "MUST" have and "thats not good enough" saga, I still can not see why the old Chroni Chroni is not ample for the average gay developing loads for hunting whatever.

Rabbit holes are expensive places to explore. You can reload bullets with a Lee Loader that will work reliably and will kill things. That's on the one end of the scale and things like doppler chronographs on the other IMO. Most 'average' people are never going to be on the steep end of the scale of whatever activity they engage in whether it be golf or shooting.

JamesNotBond

Who can recall thinking "gee that one sounded a bit different" when shooting new loads, then checking the case and primer - passing it to guy next to you and watching him roll it over as he measured the PSI by eye. " No. I think its still ok"
The 80ties were great. ;)

janfred

We went from the era of "Ooh, that kicked a bit!" to "Primer is not completely flat yet" to "The carbon fouling inside the case might reduce the case capacity and increase the pressure. Let me clean it just in case it makes a difference."

Hornady is specially great at inventing a tool and then creating a market for it.

Basically, reloaders turned woke...