Competency Farce

Started by Treeman, Jun 29, 2023, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

So Cody did his competency - got 100 %
Put application in and 8 months later, I get a phone call saying that the ID copy is missing. I explain to the clown on phone that you have a birth certificate till 16 years old and only then get a ID Card. There is an ID number on the B/C.
A month later I receive a SMS declining competency as no ID copy was provided.
Fkin Clown  Fkin Clown   Fkin Clown    Fkin Clown   Fkin Clown   Fkin Clown   Fkin Clown   Fkin Clown
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

That's infuriating. For my interest, has the Bonsai some firearms ready to be licensed in his name?

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jun 29, 2023, 05:34 PMThat's infuriating. For my interest, has the Bonsai some firearms ready to be licensed in his name?
No, how would he? He needs a comp to be licenced.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Firearms that want transferring care nothing for competencies and licenses and all that twaddle. They just know they want transferring into the sweaty hands of those who want need them.

Mohamed

When I went to hand in my daughter's competency, I had an argument with the DFO as I had a passport/birth certificate. The application form only shows ID, so I had to wait a few months until she turned 16 and applied for her ID. Once she got her ID we went and handed in her application.

BBCT

There have been successful competency applications from kids around 13 years of age. Unless they got themselves an ID at that age, it must have been approved with a birth certificate.

We submitted my 15 year old son's Competency application a few months back. DFO was happy with the birth certificate and no ID but did request a couple of extra character references and followed those up with phone calls to those that had supplied them.

Still awaiting the outcome.

Having Competency refused because your 15 year old doesn't have an ID seems to me like good grounds for an appeal.

janfred

Except, by the time the appeal is considered, the 15yr old would be 16... Or older.

oafpatroll

It also sounds like this is a refusal to accept the app rather that it being declined on consideration. In matters of bureaucracy petty bureaucrats who want to do
a bit of dick swinging always have the advantage over their employers, i.e. us.

oafpatroll

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jul 02, 2023, 09:06 AMIt also sounds like this is a refusal to accept the app rather that it being declined on consideration. In matters of bureaucracy petty bureaucrats who want to do
a bit of dick swinging always have the advantage over their employers, i.e. us.

Too quick on the typing and slow on the reading there. I see Treeman said that it was a decline because of the ID. It is as he said, a farce.

That should be a fairly easy appeal there.

Treeman

My DFO said an appeal would take anything from from forever to never mind.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Jul 12, 2023, 08:14 AMMy DFO said an appeal would take anything from from forever to never mind.

And your sapling will most likely have an ID before it could even be processed if all went well.

Quote from: Treeman on Jul 12, 2023, 08:14 AMMy DFO said an appeal would take anything from from forever to never mind.

If I'm not mistaken, the FCA stipulates a max time frame for an appeal process.

This may be an instance where a good gun lawyer may be worth his price.

Treeman

Quote from: 223 on Jul 13, 2023, 10:08 PM

never heard of this.
Therefore I am me.

Quote from: Treeman on Jul 14, 2023, 12:06 PM
Quote from: 223 on Jul 13, 2023, 10:08 PM

never heard of this.

Please have a look at FCA Regulations, sec 91, Appeals procedure.

91.(1)(a) 90 days for applicant to lodge his appeal.
91.(7) 21 days for appeals board to communicate with deciding officer.
91.(10)(a) 45 days to reach a decision.
91.(10)(b) 14 days to notify applicant in writing.
21+45+14=80 days if my arithmetic is still in tact.