Why so much Creedmoor stuff for sale - Answer

Started by big5ifty, Sep 10, 2022, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big5ifty

Some time ago, Dave asked the question - why so much used Creedmoor stuff for sale.

I've noticed the same thing, a lot of 6.5 Creedmoor stuff. Dies, rifles, etc.

I don't think it's a decline in popularity of Creedmoor in general, I think we're seeing the first crop of shooters who bought the 6.5 rifles, shot them out, and are moving to 6mm.

The general trend in the Creedmoor is now 6mm, so that would explain the selling of dies as well, people are just moving to 6mm Creedmoor.

DuaneWessels

I have been selling more 6mm CM dies recently...but I have not noticed a decline in 6.5 sales.
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

oafpatroll

A simpler explanation may be that a certain percentage of stuff that gets bought later gets sold. Every man and his dog has been buying 6.5 creedmores since it became the latest magic ray gun a few years back. This on the same principle that the fact that lots of hiluxes for sale is not indicative of them being unpopular.

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Sep 12, 2022, 12:26 PMA simpler explanation may be that a certain percentage of stuff that gets bought later gets sold. Every man and his dog has been buying 6.5 creedmores since it became the latest magic ray gun a few years back. This on the same principle that the fact that lots of hiluxes for sale is not indicative of them being unpopular.
Clever answer, but go try buy a Hilux -------20 K + on book value at mo.
Guys bought them to become better shooters and hunters, now they need to sell them because they just another caliber not a one caliber fix all and there are many calibers that do any of the many jobs as well and usually better.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Sep 14, 2022, 11:25 PMClever answer, but go try buy a Hilux -------20 K + on book value at mo.
That's a function of people's desire to buy them. It doesn't say anything about why they are being sold. I'd hazard a guess that the proportion of the second hand market that Hiluxes constitute tracks their share of the new market very closely and that the ratio has remained pretty steady for as long as there has been a Hilux religion.

Quote from: Treeman on Sep 14, 2022, 11:25 PMGuys bought them to become better shooters and hunters, now they need to sell them because they just another caliber not a one caliber fix all and there are many calibers that do any of the many jobs as well and usually better.

Not that it matters, but I disagree with that as a blanket statement. People buy rifles for all sorts of reasons and at different points in their life and the majority of shooters aren't clued up enough to see the limitations that someone like you, with your experience and requirements does. The majority of guys that i know who have bought Creedmores in the last few years have zero knowledge of it's comparative ballistics but have strong belief in it's lazer beamness. A bit like some .270 Win shooters ;) 

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Sep 15, 2022, 10:25 AMA bit like some .270 Win shooters ;) 
but why bring facts into this ?
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Shotofrank

On paper the Creed 6.5 looks very good and in practice many seem to love it.
The 28 Nosler, this Ninja appears to be a game changer, but never really changed anything.
The 6.5 PRC also! - but no fireworks.
Why, when and where. Then death.