How long ago did you last hunt ?

Started by Treeman, Nov 12, 2023, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

The wife took this picture of Cody and I, it had been at least a month at home, perhaps even longer like 32 days. 
Cody and I were like "JUST" sitting, cause we were not sitting and thinking.

Down by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

One more week exams done, 6 weeks and work done. Then its beer, sleep and hunt,fish time. Hunt from 04 in morning till 09 ish, then it gets too hot, then sleep, doze, rest, sleep some more till like 16:00 ish, when the son starts to tires of its show, we get a 3 hours hunting in again.
Then its shirtless around a fire drinking beer and eating undercooked meat dipped in sauces meant to show how tough you are.  ;D  ;D  ;D Making sure you build the fire in the shade and parking vehicles all doors open.
Two pairs of boots and 3 pairs of socks a day.
20 liter drums of water thrown on the raw concrete floor with blankets thrown over the wet floor and every hunter lying on the floor blankets in his underpants.
----------------------------its that time when fools and mad men hunt.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Reminds me of this moment 5 years ago>
Daaad by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Was sadly funny for a ten year old to be thinking like this.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

If it is any consolation: it has been quite a few years since I had a proper hunting outing.

Trip to the shooting range is less than three hours, driving included. Shooting something (or trying to) is half a day at the most.

Treeman

Ya Cody is in for a big surprise if he gets a 60 % kinda average again.  He is a 80+ student and last term was like 63 %
Therefore I am me.

Tripodmvr

I do not even wanted to comment, as due to my injured hand I missed my annual hunt this year. Hope to fix it in 2024.

DaavG

Early October was my last hunt. Combined a mate's wedding in the Karoo with a goose shoot and some springbok. Short but great fun!

Treeman

Cody for the first time ever was negative about a hunt yesterday. We were talking exams over and straight to the bush, when he said " maybe we should just go and be there, no hunting, its too hot", "is it even really worth it".

This coming from a kid who was willing to travel a hour after work to get a 45 minute hunt in to get home to a angry wife at 21H00 on a school night. The beatings he and I took, now "it"s too hot dad"

And he now got a girlfriend yesterday.

Fkt ! Fkt, my buddy has found girls.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

I had that pain when my happily divorced drinking buddy father hooked up with the woman who's now my step mother!

Ds J

Quote from: Treeman on Nov 15, 2023, 11:59 AMCody for the first time ever was negative about a hunt yesterday. We were talking exams over and straight to the bush, when he said " maybe we should just go and be there, no hunting, its too hot", "is it even really worth it".

This coming from a kid who was willing to travel a hour after work to get a 45 minute hunt in to get home to a angry wife at 21H00 on a school night. The beatings he and I took, now "it"s too hot dad"

And he now got a girlfriend yesterday.

Fkt ! Fkt, my buddy has found girls.

;) ;) ;)

He'll be back home when he gets 23 😄😄