Dog Tracking

Started by Treeman, Nov 19, 2023, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

After years of wishing to do so but being blocked by the cost, I found a tracking method which does not use radio waves.
Till very recently tracking your dog was radio method  at R15- 16 000

The blue tooth tracker works if you lost your dog in the house, but thats all.
The wi fi tracker is better if you lost your dog in the house or your yard.
So what about outside ?, till recently outside was the domain of radio wave or gimmic trackers.

The latest GPS trackers for dogs are actually very good,of not a bit slow delayed. Actually they good, but you need cellular reception.

Bit of a fkup that.

I intend to post a full story on my own time regarding my journey with these new generation trackers.
 They work if there is reception, but can frustrate one past past their value - well sometimes.

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Wouldn't it be possible to put a smart watch with tracking function on a collar?

Treeman

Quote from: Ds J on Nov 19, 2023, 05:41 PMWouldn't it be possible to put a smart watch with tracking function on a collar?
Cody and I have been discussing just that, but we do not have a watch to test. I suggested a cheap IPhone  but again , I am not sure how real time or accurate they are.
It is a valud consideration.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: oafpatroll on Nov 19, 2023, 09:20 PM4 for R2200

https://www.takealot.com/apple-airtag-4-pack/PLID72173656

Scratch that. Thought they worked on the mobile network but they are bluetooth.

Treeman

Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Quote from: Ds J on Nov 19, 2023, 11:29 PMhttps://www.takealot.com/q12-waterproof-gps-tracker-watch-with-camera/PLID56041803

For a start?
The question I need to ask is!
These watch's track themself, so u the wearer know where you are, how do u get it to show you where it is on your phone. You can not from your phone ask it where it is. It will not dial you to let you know. Do u make like a all day call to the watch ?
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

From the blurb on the ad.

"You need to download "Setracker2" on your phone. The App is compatible with all IOS and Android cell phones"

Ds J

Quote from: Treeman on Nov 20, 2023, 08:26 AM
Quote from: Ds J on Nov 19, 2023, 11:29 PMhttps://www.takealot.com/q12-waterproof-gps-tracker-watch-with-camera/PLID56041803

For a start?
The question I need to ask is!
These watch's track themself, so u the wearer know where you are, how do u get it to show you where it is on your phone. You can not from your phone ask it where it is. It will not dial you to let you know. Do u make like a all day call to the watch ?

The salesman said that I would be able to know where my child is. It basically shows the location of the smartwatch on my phone.

Treeman

?
[/quote]

The salesman said that I would be able to know where my child is. It basically shows the location of the smartwatch on my phone.
[/quote]

If this is true I will be a smart watch owner tomorrow.  I will study this further. Going to download the app now.

Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Today we had our first need to use the tracker situation.
The reason the first look into these trackers happened is because the wife kept on and on about wanting to try it out. We have a cat called Sparkles, and every once in awhile this cat disappears for 1 to 4 days, gone! I have raised the walls, electric fence, modified the fence to cat proof it and blocked the property in ways I never dreamt of - still the fkn thing gets out.
The wife looses her mind and living here is kak, kakker and somewhat shitty when the cat is out.

So I bought her a cat tracker and purely to save postage :o  I bought myself a dog tracker.

We have had endless trouble getting the tracker to work, (will tell that story later), but it seems to be working properly now.
Woke this morning to the usual cats gone sounds, the calling and tapping food bowl, cat was gone. The wife got phone out opened app, saw cat 2 houses up road, walked there called the cat and came home with the cat.

Wifes in a pretty good mood tonight, so I think I am going to log out now and go hang about on the bed - who know's, I might be on the right track.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

And here was me thinking that a cat buggering off was a good thing.

Bonsai

What would you do dad ?, I think it would be very loud  ;D  ;D
406833432_10224784451780139_5525700234430828973_n by Cody  Allen, on Flickr
Be interested.
Be Amazed.
Be Kind.
Be Grateful.

Treeman

I would aim behind the ear my boy, behind the ear, the dog did its job, lovely it would appear.
I can always get the pig another day.
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Therefore I am me.