Interlock -Interbond - a quick look at them both.

Started by Treeman, May 30, 2022, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

I have been digging bullets out of animals for 20 years this year, started a collection, tired of it and dumped it all and then shortly there after started another. I was going through the back of my cupboards (there where forgotten press's,scales and dies are lost)  and found two old boards with bullets glued to them. These boards were never made for others, so there is no art or such, just meant as a way to not lose the bullets or the information.
Some of these go back to 2002 and have been rewritten more than once.

I did and this experiment many years back, split a Hornady Interbond bullet and twisted one half. See how the lead sticks to the copper case?
20220530_210705 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
Terminal ballistic result would be something like this.
20220530_212820 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
or
20220530_212851 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
I then did the same to some interlock bullets. The case lead separation can clearly be seen.
20220530_212521 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
Terminal ballistic results are often but not always like this.
20220530_212712 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
But sometimes like this.
20220530_210507 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
Often even this.
20220530_210546 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
Or this.
20220530_210627 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

As the above shows, Interlocks may work just fine, I actually love them, they do a lot of damage internally if they get into the work area. Getting into the working area requires good shot placement and a good knowledge of your targets vitals, the ability to know the vitals, the big bones and things like where exit will be is absolutely vital if you wish to extract the full benefits of a bullet that is not made with staying together as a priority (yes there are benefits).

As seen above, the bonded bullet will stay together much better, usually impressively so. If higher terminal velocities are expected, the bonded bullet is a better choice, as with the expectation of big bones and deeply within protected vitals.
Higher velocities = greater deformation of the bullet, greater deformation = larger mushroom,acting like a parachute and reducing penetration.
To reduce over expansion or bullet failure lower velocities must be utilised, sometimes defeating the purpose of the caliber. Who wants to load their 7mm STW down to 7x57 velocities?
Enter the monolithic bullet.
Higher velocities, flatter shooting and penetration that just keeps happening.
20210822_165621 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
As can be seen by the Interlock on the left shot into same Kudu at same distance
20210822_165604 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
In case you wandering, the youngster shot the Kudu on the shoulder and it fell in like two paces, upright, squarely with legs tucked under it. I watched the shot and saw the hit etc, I knew it was over. The youngster was almost in tears with dread that it would rise and be lost, he pleaded for another shot.
Considering the price of my Barnes TTSX, I gave him a practice round Hornady 154 gr and said to shoot behind shoulder, no harm done and the Interlock would be deadly regarding the 90 deg application behind shoulder. The kid was beyond listening and shot it same place on the shoulder again.
A better example of mono versus interlock will be hard to find.
                  BUT _ BUT BUT
Me, I have found that the mono bullets very often do not kill as fast as the interlock or the interbond.
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

I see all the first post photo's are gone ? will have to redo.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Fuck off and die again.

Quote from: Jakase2 on Dec 15, 2023, 03:41 AMThe Quality of our Counterfeit money have been our driving force in the market since 2017. So be rest assured you're dealing with professional 💯. We produce the BEST QUALITY  ounterfeit Money in the market.  Don't hesitate to 📲 if you're in need of
Counterfeit Money
Buy Counterfeit Dollar
Buy Counterfeit Money
Buy Counterfeit Euro
Counterfeit Money For Sale
Counterfeit Money To Buy
Real Counterfeit Money
Best Counterfeit Money
Best Money Counterfeiter
Buy Counterfeit Money Online
Counterfeit Money Marker
Counterfeit money  Near Me
Amazon Counterfeit Money
Counterfeit Money Amazon
Undetectable Counterfeit Money
Where To Buy Counterfeit Money
Counterfeit Money For Sale Online
Dark Web Counterfeit Money
Best Counterfeit Money For Sale
Where To Get Counterfeit Money
Buy Undetectable Counterfeit Money
Buy Undetectable Counterfeit Money Online
Where Can I Buy Counterfeit Money
Best Counterfeit Money Online
Buy Counterfeit Money For Sale
Telegram: @mrupwalk
Sms: +1 (706) 927-8915

Treeman

I see we have an abortion that survived again.  Hope the thing is removed from society soon.
Therefore I am me.