Nice to have reloading goodies?

Started by Ds J, Aug 04, 2022, 06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janfred

Quote from: Treeman on Aug 08, 2022, 11:20 AM
Quote from: oafpatroll on Aug 07, 2022, 11:59 AMI made a comparator out of an m10 with a hole drilled in one flat and groove filed into the opposite flat with a neodymium magnet inset. The groove is sized for the fixed blade of the vernier and the magnet sticks it in place. While it is hardly aerospace grade precise I found it very helpful in getting my seating depth n the ballpark while developing .270 cast bullet loads with three very different bullets. As mentioned above it also eliminates any errors from measuring bullets, especially soft nosed ones, that have been deformed.
Oaf, cut a shot case in half, cut a slot in body side thats a tight slip over on vernier blade. Use the neck side as your comparator.If its too small tap a larger bullet into neck- measure, tape deeper, measure again. You may find seating and pulling a bullet a few times helps size neck as comparator tool.
If you superheat the case neck, glow it red, you destroy the brass springback, that helps size the neck to what you want it to be as a comparator hole without springback making it difficult.

What are you trying to compare with this?

Tripodmvr

Ds J, congrats on your birthday. Please share which present you received.

Ds J

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Aug 08, 2022, 06:13 PMDs J, congrats on your birthday. Please share which present you received.

Goeienaand Oom Driepoot,

Baie dankie!

Ek moes al n paar geskenkte haelgewere wegwys omdat ek nie n bevoegdheid het nie. My beter helfte het besluit dis tyd vir die bevoegdheid!!

(My wife decided its time for the shotgun competency because I have had to decline several gifted shotguns due to not having a competency. )

Tripodmvr

Good idea. Hunting birds with a shotgun is an extremely satisfying pastime.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Ds J on Aug 08, 2022, 06:19 PM
Quote from: Tripodmvr on Aug 08, 2022, 06:13 PMDs J, congrats on your birthday. Please share which present you received.

Goeienaand Oom Driepoot,

Baie dankie!

Ek moes al n paar geskenkte haelgewere wegwys omdat ek nie n bevoegdheid het nie. My beter helfte het besluit dis tyd vir die bevoegdheid!!

(My wife decided its time for the shotgun competency because I have had to decline several gifted shotguns due to not having a competency. )

Nice! In my culture we say, "Life without shotguns is barely worth the bother."