Buffalo and the .308

Started by Treeman, Apr 18, 2023, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

Quote from: BBCT on Sep 02, 2023, 09:07 PMHaving said that, the margin for error must have been quite slim............
You far too polite. It was a fk up that missed a beat and the shooter may now thinks he is above the knowledge built from the year 1700's by blood spilt under the African sky, by men who underestimated the power of African beasts.
I am fond of this boy, I hope this does not make him over estimate himself and under estimate the power of the beast - I have been almost done once by a bush buck and once by a bush pig, with a few close calls by both and a wart hog that were not sooooo bad. Those little beasts gave me some and much respect.
Yes the bullet has proven itself on Waterbuck and Kudu 50-60 x now + a buffalo.
I mentorship was obviously not that good if he did what he did ???????
In my defence - young male, rifle and wide open spaces - fk that, woulda done the same I guess, buy Ye'! Lets leave it there.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Quote from: Treeman on Sep 02, 2023, 11:04 PMI mentorship was obviously not that good if he did what he did ???????
In my defence - young male, rifle and wide open spaces - fk that, woulda done the same I guess, buy Ye'! Lets leave it there.

Maybe, one day, you could write a fictional story about "Bullet proof Dave and the daggaboy" .

oafpatroll

Positive experiences aren't the ones that you learn the most valuable lessons from.

Tripodmvr

This has been a serious discussion. Let me lighten the mood.

oafpatroll

Hy kort net 'n goue tand of twee.

Treeman

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Sep 04, 2023, 08:53 AMThis has been a serious discussion. Let me lighten the mood.

I am sure that thing said "Jou ma se p*****" to the guy that shot it.
Therefore I am me.

Big difference between Cape and Cape Flats...  ;)

Treeman

Quote from: 223 on Sep 04, 2023, 09:21 PMBig difference between Cape and Cape Flats...  ;)
But the teeth tell the heritage. ;D 
Therefore I am me.