Valtro PM5 - aka the 12G hen's tooth

Started by oafpatroll, Jul 26, 2023, 12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oafpatroll

Just came across a copy of a shotgun I lusted after as a youngster but never even got to see one anywhere other than the pages of American gun mags of the time.

Believe it or not, and depending on how young you are you might not, box fed pump action shotguns aren't a new development. These came onto the market in the '80s and had an absolutely stellar reputation for quality, reliability and the unobtainablilty of magazines. They were aimed at military and police customers but the only one I know of was the French Navy.

I would love to get my hands on this one but sadly the toy budget is trashed.   

Treeman

There is a Turkish brand of these, they on sale at Falcon Firearm Academy - if I recall about 16 K new

I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

How practical is this setup? Prone to fte's and stoppages, or fairly trustworthy?

That pic looks a lot like the Atis pump guns with box mag conversion and local (Hire Arms) stock conversion.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Ds J on Jul 27, 2023, 07:19 PMHow practical is this setup? Prone to fte's and stoppages, or fairly trustworthy?

I've never even handled one so dint know for sure but they were expensive and finely made things and the time they had a very good reputation. I doubt they would have met French naval trials acceptance unless they were reliable.