Reloading Equipment Nostalgia

Started by big5ifty, Jul 13, 2022, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Againstthegrains

The problem, is that life has become too complex. If you want to buy the best tools or machinery, you have to know almost as much as the manufacturer to be able to match your needs with what is produced. If you wan to eat healthier options, you need to be a professional food scientist/farmer/horticulturist to navigate a supermarket.

For example, most amateur DIY people will buy an entry level cordless drill driver, and mechanically, it will outlast the battery. No point in him buying Bosch or Makita as he will never wear the motor out. But a professional cabinet maker will kill one of those in a month. At the same time, a painting contractor that I know waits for a special and buys 40 of the cheapest grinders he can find, because of the way the staff treat the tools, the 40 cheapies will keep him in operation longer that 8 Makitas that he can get for the same price.

When it comes to food, it is even more difficult. Why does one pack of biscuits cost less than another? How were the corners cut to make one product cheaper? Think about this before you eat cheap processed food. If you can't identify all the ingredients on a label, do you really want to eat it?

As a person with multiple degrees, I still don't know enough to make informed decisions on important decisions like my health care choices, my energy use choices, education for my children, the car I drive and the food I eat (just when I think I have this one right, I discover something new).