cleaning scopes and binocular lenses

Started by Treeman, Jul 31, 2022, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

How do you go about this? always a matter that bothers me, the right way.
I have a fear of scratching my lenses and a need for clear view. I usually just use a LENSE PEN, but want to use some alcohol or such now for a proper clean.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

BBCT

I wear spectacles so I always have a supply of lens cleaning cloths near at hand that I also use to clean scope lenses. I buy them from Clicks but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere too. If I remember correctly it's about 60 bucks for a box of 50, indivually sealed in little foil bags and soaked in alcohol.

Treeman

Now that's what I want.
Good for cleaning a scope lens you think ?
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: BBCT on Aug 04, 2022, 07:21 PMI wear spectacles so I always have a supply of lens cleaning cloths near at hand that I also use to clean scope lenses. I buy them from Clicks but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere too. If I remember correctly it's about 60 bucks for a box of 50, indivually sealed in little foil bags and soaked in alcohol.

I will be adding a couple packs of these to the langhaarhuisdier's next Clicks shopping list for sure.

Treeman

Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Yes, this will work.
I will keep one in place I carry in the bush, just need to find the right carry spot.
I will preferably brush dust of then lens cloth, then lens pen.
In the bush it will be just light wipe with cloth a few times, light as not to scratch lens.
Therefore I am me.