Mono Bullets - here we go again.

Started by Treeman, Aug 03, 2022, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

I have become rather disenchanted with the conventional one piece mono bullet, I have using an 7mm 08 shot Impala, BushPig and Kudu with TTSX and Hornady I/locks , sometimes in the same 24 hrs.
The TTSX penetrates deeper for sure, especially on big bones, but that is the only thing that it does any better in regards to terminal ballistics. I am self convinced that any same for same shot with that POI is chosen and delivered correctly the conventional bullet wins by a large margin, its only when driving through shoulder bones or rumen that the mono comes to its own - but just chose your shot better. I think the mono's are definitely the choice for PH and guides.

Every animal I have shot behind the shoulders with the TTSX has left me with a heart stopping moment where doubt crept in and the only bush pig we have lost x 2 were TTSX used animals.
The DRT result by TTSX is far less common than that by Cup Core. I have kind of reached the conclusion that one piece mono bullets need more precise shot placement than conventional bullets.
This was not the case with GS Custom bullets, like it or not the break away petals worked.
I see there is now a company in USA that is making same concept bullets - hammer or some such name.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Tripodmvr

If you like the tip breakup principle then Titan bullets are worth a try. Just Google.