Ballistol Robla Solo Mil.

Started by DuaneWessels, Jul 11, 2023, 06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuaneWessels

The tested and unsurpassed barrel cleaner.
Robla Solo MIL consists of very special compounds including ammonia. This formula has the power to dissolve residues of copper, tombac, zinc and lead. Steel, chrome and nickel are not attacked by Robla Solo MIL.
Keep your barrel in tip top condition.

https://480bc.co.za/Ballistol-Robla-Barrel-Cleaner

ig1430.jpeg
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

Treeman

I like this as a inbetween other cleaners or as a final clean for new to me rifles that I wish to start bare metal with.
I am a big believer in using 2 -3 barrel cleaners in succession to try get everything out.
I like to use Ballistol as an last solvent left in barrel while packing away, cleaning up. I then brush - dry cloth it out and store just like that.
I have without fail so far not oiled barrels of "in use" rifles for a few years now.   
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

DuaneWessels

Ballistol Universal Oil can be left in the barrel for protection while storing BUT not this Robla cleaner, this is some strong stuff.

It needs to be removed from the barrel after cleaning.
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

oafpatroll

Quote from: DuaneWessels on Jul 11, 2023, 09:59 AMBallistol Universal Oil can be left in the barrel for protection while storing BUT not this Robla cleaner, this is some strong stuff.

This I can confirm. I spilled some on a steel plate that was on the bench being marked out to be made into a quick release plate for a new press. The markings were scribed in and after a couple of days when I came back to the job they had been pretty much etched away where the liquid had sat. You definitely want to clean it out thoroughly before putting a rifle away.

Treeman

Quote from: oafpatroll on Jul 11, 2023, 10:12 AM
Quote from: DuaneWessels on Jul 11, 2023, 09:59 AMBallistol Universal Oil can be left in the barrel for protection while storing BUT not this Robla cleaner, this is some strong stuff.

This I can confirm. I spilled some on a steel plate that was on the bench being marked out to be made into a quick release plate for a new press. The markings were scribed in and after a couple of days when I came back to the job they had been pretty much etched away where the liquid had sat. You definitely want to clean it out thoroughly before putting a rifle away.
Geees boet  :o  :o  :o  Big eyes I got, I have been leaving it in for few minutes while packing away, then nylon brush and then wiping out with a dry cloth. The dry cloth thing is rather thorough as I shoot without wiping barrels out, hence my dislike of oiling barrels. I believed I had a coating left, but no wet residue.
Fok  :o  :o , I should perhaps start reading instruction once in a while again.
Now I am worried, very !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, have not oiled a barrel that's in use for ages, just left a Ballistol or M98 coating in barrel.
 I now hope my bottle is not this stuff, had it for ages, smells nice ?
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Treeman on Jul 11, 2023, 06:16 PMI now hope my bottle is not this stuff, had it for ages, smells nice ?

Ballistol Robla smells horrible. It's an aggressive bore cleaner / copper solvent which contains amonia amongst other things. It's not the fine smelling oil of the same brand which my daughter thought until recently was a mens fragrance.

DuaneWessels

Quote from: Treeman on Jul 11, 2023, 06:16 PMI now hope my bottle is not this stuff, had it for ages, smells nice ?

Robla does not smell nice at all. It's like Handy Andy on steroids.
480BC Supplies
078 459 2188
duane@480bc.co.za
www.480BC.co.za

Treeman

It's not the fine smelling oil of the same brand which my daughter thought until recently was a mens fragrance.
[/quote]
Oh what a beautiful post.
Therefore I am me.