Welcome Message

Started by Administrator, Jul 18, 2023, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

This is the message board for user support questions and feedback on the Reloading Data Management Portal hosted at Moerkoffie Dot Net.

The portal is free-for-use to record your reloading data.

The system is pre-seeded with 500+ cartridges for 100+ calibers.

There are 2000+ bullets and moulds defined for 500+ cartridges.

There are 604 powders, 75 primer types and 26 case manufacturers listed.

If you need a particular bullet, mould, primer, brass headstamp or powder to be added, you can request it on this message board. If you find a problem, omission or mistake, please report it here so it can be corrected. Thanks in advance for your participation.

The Reloading Data portal is not pre-seeded with load data from any load manuals. It is intended to record actual load data, and be a repository of load data by members, for members.

Treeman

Wow ! musta been a lot of work making that.
Hell - there is a lot going on there  :o

Will need more than a few minutes to do this thing, most of my loads are still using the old Capstan bullets, not shown.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

big5ifty

Send me the bullet spec

- manufacturer
- name of bullet
- weight

and I'll add it

oafpatroll

Great piece of work, thanks for making it available. Hopefully it will pick up some traction and people will populate it so that it turns into a really valuable resource

janfred

Will this turn into a paid service somewhere in the future?

big5ifty

No. It'll remain free for use.

At some point in the future, I plan to allow paid for advertising which should hopefully cover the hosting costs in the longer term.

Treeman

I will add some loads as time becomes available.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Newton

Was there not at some time previously an article / document section ?
Seem to recall something about - Annealing ?
Where has it gone to ?

Do I understand correctly that this is a storage for personal load data ?
A sort of personal cloud for your loads that you wish to store and archive ?

No offence ... but I would be very wary of using / copying someone else's data - even if I knew them to be very experienced.

big5ifty

This is a forum, unrelated to except for one discussion board which is dedicated to the reloading data portal, which is hosted at Moerkoffie.Net.

The reloading data portal allows the user to store their personal load data, and at the same time permits other registered users to view that data. Use of the reloading data portal is free. Email addresses are not harvested or used for any marketing purposes.

The reloading data portal is not meant to be a public reference site for load data. It is also not intended to be used as an online reloading manual. That is why the system was not seeded with load data from any reloading manual.

It is intended to be used an an online version of the notebook that you use to record your load data, with the advantage of being able to sort and filter data, and also review other people's data if you so wish.

As a reloader, we do not ever reload with anyone's load data as provided.

We do our research first, and then we test and do load development with safety in mind.

So you should not only be wary of other people's load data, you should be downright suspicious.

Newton

Thank you
Explained as I understood

IF one wanted to append reloading manual data as a sort of "benchmark" on ones personal profile is that allowed ?

I understand one can use a chrono to measure velocity but there does not appear to be an easy way to accurately measure pressure ... Without expensive equipment and referring to a manufacturers manual -or - an emulation / simulation software program

big5ifty

Quote from: Newton on Jan 05, 2024, 12:28 PMThank you
Explained as I understood

IF one wanted to append reloading manual data as a sort of "benchmark" on ones personal profile is that allowed ?

I understand one can use a chrono to measure velocity but there does not appear to be an easy way to accurately measure pressure ... Without expensive equipment and referring to a manufacturers manual -or - an emulation / simulation software program

You can add any info you need or want.

You can get a good indication of charge weight versus relative pressure using a 1/10,000 micrometer, at the cost of said micrometer. Lookup Randy Selby on YouTube, "measuring for pressure".