Started by Newton, Feb 10, 2024, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newton

There did not appear to be a section for this .. so here goes

Practical Machinist - Gunsmithing

A wonderful place for anyone interested in this stuff
Most of the work described here is largely verboten in this country
but
BEWARE - they also talk freely about the American Constitution and other such "unrelated" stuff
Sadly here firearm ownership is a privilege and not a right - NO second Amendment !

Anyone here making their own barrels ?

Newton

Why South Africa sucks ... >:(

Busy with my project - so I write / send email to a number of gunsmiths / die makers / gun-shops others busy in competition shooting
South African normal = weeks later NO reply , Nothing not even a .. thank you for your mail we cannot help you

So I send email to my reamer manufacturer in the US
The main designer - a WORLD class shooter replies SAME DAY - with a lot of helpful information

Forgive me when there are many days that I feel UTTERLY ashamed to be a South African !

Treeman

Quote from: Newton on Feb 19, 2024, 06:14 PMWhy South Africa sucks ... >:(

Busy with my project - so I write / send email to a number of gunsmiths / die makers / gun-shops others busy in competition shooting
South African normal = weeks later NO reply , Nothing not even a .. thank you for your mail we cannot help you

So I send email to my reamer manufacturer in the US
The main designer - a WORLD class shooter replies SAME DAY - with a lot of helpful information

Forgive me when there are many days that I feel UTTERLY ashamed to be a South African !

I unfortunately have to second this, not even a reply some times.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Newton

PRECISION:

WARNING ;
In video contains voice overlay of Donald Trump
Love them or hate them - they take things to the next level
Capitalism in motion
Most of all they are happy to share knowledge - unlike South Africans @ R400.00 ph ( when they answer )

Treeman

You may just find that its the same everywhere, we only see the good, best. The guys we complain about here are the guys we do not see from that side. I after visiting my brother in Australia I really thought that it was the easiest land in the world, everything worked was correct, clean, happy, crimeless + angles + sparkles.

The thing I did not realize is that my boet is a very successful man earning a very good in excess of needs salary. He lives in a outback part of a small town that is rather protected from the real world.

When we drove through to Melbourne, the crime, drugs and just barely earning enough became far more evident.
I then realized that I thought my brothers life and living space, place was Australia - like people think California is girls, waves, sun and parties.

I have begun to realize that we only see that which makes it through the system, including adds and expertise. 
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.