RCBS Big Max ?

Started by Ds J, May 28, 2024, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ds J

Hi Folks, what do you know about the RCBS Big Max press?

What is it worth secondhand?

Ds J

Does anyone know anything?

Treeman

Quote from: Ds J on May 28, 2024, 01:14 PMHi Folks, what do you know about the RCBS Big Max press?

What is it worth secondhand?
You got a photo ? I wonder if I know it more by sight than name. RCBS is good - worth a bit what ever model it is.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Sounds like a winner. Bigger and heavier wins in presses every time.

big5ifty

It's a beefed up Rockchucker, with the frame at a different angle.

Don't pay more than you would pay for a new Lee Classic Cast, otherwise just get the Classic Cast. It's just as good.

Quote from: big5ifty on Jun 09, 2024, 07:49 PMIt's a beefed up Rockchucker, with the frame at a different angle.

Don't pay more than you would pay for a new Lee Classic Cast, otherwise just get the Classic Cast. It's just as good.

I second that.

Againstthegrains

Funny, I found one second hand. It's a huge beast of a press. It comes with an auto shell holder that fits most size cases. Its got springs that get pushed open to put the case in, and they close up and hold/center the case as you start the up stroke. A pretty neat design. The only problem is that the original owner cannot find the adapter that allows you to use normal case holders, and the press has been discontinued, so RCBS no longer has spares.

big5ifty

if you decide to pass on it, please forward the seller to me.

Or if you already bought it, I'll take it off your hands.

big5ifty

I sent wahtsapp to the seller, 0064 is New Zealand, so maybe I'll get a response tomorrow.

big5ifty