BRNO ZKK 601 bolt

Started by Ds J, Jun 11, 2024, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ds J

Hi Folks, I am looking for a BRNO ZKK 601 bolt. Preferably in good condition, or better.

The bolt face of mine has been bashed, resulting in head space problems.

Please contact me via PM, or message to 0.7.2.2.3.3.6.4.4.5.

Treeman

There must be a interesting story behind this bashed bolt ?
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

No, it is another probable fix to get my 308 up and running again.

Yes, head space might be a contributing factor but I am pretty sure that most of my headspace problems are due the overdoing the full length resizing.

zguy

Is it possible to weld up the face, and heat treat it?

Tripodmvr

Was thinking the same as @zguy. Build up the bolt face and then machine lugs and face to correct the headspace. In effect a truing of the bolt.

Ds J

I found a bolt, thanks. The honest seller told me to try other measures at first. He had the same trouble as I, bought the bolt and then learned that the older BRNO bolts do not necessarily fit on other BRNO rifles - they were fit by hand.

I spoke to a gun smith about welding up the bolt face - apparently that only works well if the lugs are in very good shape.

janfred

And are the lugs in good shape?

Ds J

Quote from: janfred on Jun 13, 2024, 05:03 PMAnd are the lugs in good shape?

My current lugs are said to be in good shape with the usual wear and tear. The other bolt will have to wait until I have checked the setting of the FL die, and did a cast of the chamber.

Newton

Quote from: Ds J on Jun 13, 2024, 12:23 PMbought the bolt and then learned that the older BRNO bolts do not necessarily fit on other BRNO rifles - they were fit by hand.
I spoke to a gun smith about welding up the bolt face - apparently that only works well if the lugs are in very good shape.
Very unusual that - completely negates the whole point of interchangeability
Normally very expensive bespoke guns were the ones - "hand-fitted"
Was this in the bad old communist days ?

A good machinist ( CNC ) would be able to turn out a whole complete bolt for you
What if it is the - bolt lug recesses in the action that are worn ?

Newton

Some history

Basic Information

The factory

CZ 600 Series

Perhaps an email to them will elicit an answer to the problem ?