FEG R61 9mmK shooting high

Started by Mohamed, Sep 15, 2024, 06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohamed

Hi
I was at the range today and noticed that my pistol was shooting high. I thought it was just me, not having shot it in a while, but my daughter came and told me that she experienced the same and she normally shoots it quite accurately. Could it be a worn spring or something else?

zguy

I'd start with the ammo.
Reloads? Factory ammo?

A different bullet weight that normal?

How high is high? and at what distance?

Mohamed

Quote from: zguy on Sep 15, 2024, 08:36 PMI'd start with the ammo.
Reloads? Factory ammo?

A different bullet weight that normal?

How high is high? and at what distance?
Both factory and a few reloads, 2 different makes of factory ammo, 5m to 8m. Use the same ammo previously. Around 8 to 10cm high consistently, 2 different shooters.

oafpatroll

Given it's fixed sights, barrel and previously used ammo I'd suspect something other than a mechanical issue. Did you try it off a rest by any chance? I find it takes me a while to get my grip sorted with those PPK sized pistols

Mohamed

Quote from: oafpatroll on Sep 16, 2024, 06:59 AMGiven it's fixed sights, barrel and previously used ammo I'd suspect something other than a mechanical issue. Did you try it off a rest by any chance? I find it takes me a while to get my grip sorted with those PPK sized pistols

No, haven't tried it off rest. Will try it when at the range again.

Ds J

Maybe some dirt stuck in the slide, affecting the barrel?

Mohamed

Quote from: Ds J on Sep 16, 2024, 07:21 AMMaybe some dirt stuck in the slide, affecting the barrel?
Cleaned it last night, didn't notice anything, will check how it's shooting when at the range.

Treeman

Devil in me tells me shooter, even if its two shooters.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Mohamed

Quote from: Treeman on Sep 16, 2024, 04:45 PMDevil in me tells me shooter, even if its two shooters.
31 years or older, possibility of worn components?

Treeman

Quote from: Mohamed on Sep 16, 2024, 05:37 PM
Quote from: Treeman on Sep 16, 2024, 04:45 PMDevil in me tells me shooter, even if its two shooters.
Wear and tear is gradual or even over short time, but not a between two shoots happening ?
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

just had a thought , I wonder what affect a dry slide, lack of lube would have on slide time and rearwards tug on pistol as it moves.

If any that is .
Therefore I am me.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Mohamed on Sep 16, 2024, 05:37 PM31 years or older, possibility of worn components?

Given the fixed barrel design my gut says that POI couldn't shift that much vertically unless something was bent. 

Mohamed

Quote from: Treeman on Sep 16, 2024, 06:11 PM
Quote from: Mohamed on Sep 16, 2024, 05:37 PM
Wear and tear is gradual or even over short time, but not a between two shoots happening ?

2 shoots a year apart.

Tripodmvr

Check screws if there are any fixing the barrel or other parts.

Mohamed

Quote from: Tripodmvr on Sep 17, 2024, 10:19 AMCheck screws if there are any fixing the barrel or other parts.

Will check it out this evening. Wanted to see the spring as well.