Today I am feeling smug

Started by Treeman, Oct 04, 2024, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeman

I just received my induction annealer, and its Friday - the first should assure that not much else gets done with the other.
Gonna anneal everything I guess  :o  :o  :o  ;D

Anybody else use one ?
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Start with those 303 Epps cases ;)

big5ifty

One day maybe, still with the gas annealer. Post some pics.

Rumple

Let us know how it goes...we need pics ;D

Rumple

Friend of mine gave me these to try in my 7.62x39, but they are too long, if you want I can Pudo them to you. They are (apparently) 174 gr 303 bullets. We were at school together at Virgins Paradise 8)

Treeman

So its been a morning of playing with new toy. I have tried anneal and clean, clean then anneal, anneal 7 seconds, anneal 4 seconds. I have annealed high and low on case, I have annealed left hand and right hand, dressed and towel around me (will get dressed now, just wanna see something.)
I have learnt that a wet tumble and then anneal is great,best perhaps, the cases dry so much quicker when annealed after cleaning - the heat kinda bakes them dry while annealing  ;D
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Quote from: Rumple on Oct 05, 2024, 04:06 PMFriend of mine gave me these to try in my 7.62x39, but they are too long, if you want I can Pudo them to you. They are (apparently) 174 gr 303 bullets. We were at school together at Virgins Paradise 8)
Always nice to get, I need things to send down range for fire forming the Epps - I will never do a fireform chamber again - its thousands of rands more.
So yes please, will be nice - send bank details for PUDO cost.
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

Click on photo -WAIT for video
20241004_202225 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
Therefore I am me.

big5ifty

Nice. Now you need an ELR gun to go with that.

Treeman

Therefore I am me.

Treeman

I am going to try see if this machine can pay for itself. Little sideline business, wonder if it will have any interest shown.
Therefore I am me.

WagonWheel

Hi guys, just to make something clear - I am on site as Treeman and started this as Wagon Wheel as I intend to try run a bit of a side line business. I wished to keep the two apart for a few reasons, but also do not want to seem sneaky.
I intend to use this for business and Treeman as me myself.

I hope this is not offending to anyone, if so .......................well ! Go by a 6.5 Creedmoor

big5ifty

Nothing wrong. Consider it as one personal one business account.

Makes sense if you get email notifications for the business and don't want them lost in the noise of the regular account.

But why the Creedmoor hate ? Being a bit like a jilted lover with sour grapes that the ex didn't work out ? It's just another cartridge. Lots of them as or more anaemic. Please elucidate,, I'm curious.

Treeman

But why the Creedmoor hate ? Being a bit like a jilted lover with sour grapes that the ex didn't work out ? It's just another cartridge. Lots of them as or more anaemic. Please elucidate,, I'm curious.
[/quote]
No hate, just a bit like Ray Bans.............................u just know ;D  ;D  ;D
Therefore I am me.

Ds J

Quote from: big5ifty on Oct 08, 2024, 12:21 PMBut why the Creedmoor hate ? Being a bit like a jilted lover with sour grapes that the ex didn't work out ? It's just another cartridge. Lots of them as or more anaemic. Please elucidate,, I'm curious.

BMW car, blonde girlfriend, Kershaw knife and Glock pistol ;)

Or the whole Ford vs Toyota gaggery,

Or how one braais...