Lee Precision Micrometer Adjust Screw

Started by Rumple, Oct 12, 2024, 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumple

Treeman

does not help the average guy as our type of bullets are manufactured to far wider tolerances than that thing is adjustable too.
Pointless have a fine tune setting if the ogive on Sierra, Hornady and every local lead core bullet is 0.25-0.30
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

big5ifty

Quote from: Treeman on Oct 12, 2024, 09:29 PMdoes not help the average guy as our type of bullets are manufactured to far wider tolerances than that thing is adjustable too.
Pointless have a fine tune setting if the ogive on Sierra, Hornady and every local lead core bullet is 0.25-0.30

Not everyone is using local lead core bullets. Definitely no target rifle shooters use local lead core bullets. I don't know of, and have never seen any target shooter using a lead core bullet made in RSA.  For handguns and hunting rifles with hunting bullets it's not going to work better than anything else, but for VLD target bullets, it looks fantastic.

The local monolithics from Peregrine are as good and consistent a quality as anything in the world.

I don't have any Lee seating dies for my target rifles. If this was available  at the time, I would not have bought Redding, Forster, Hornady, etc.

Lee sizing dies are great, the collet dies are great, the crimp dies are great, the trim dies amazing, now there is a fantastic seating die as well.

Treeman

Quote from: big5ifty on Oct 12, 2024, 10:16 PM
Quote from: Treeman on Oct 12, 2024, 09:29 PMdoes not help the average guy as our type of bullets are manufactured to far wider tolerances than that thing is adjustable too.

Not everyone is using local lead core bullets. Definitely no target rifle shooters use local lead core bullets. I don't know of, and have never seen any target shooter using a lead core bullet made in RSA.  For handguns and hunting rifles with hunting bullets it's not going to work better than anything else, but for VLD target bullets, it looks fantastic.

The local monolithics from Peregrine are as good and consistent a quality as anything in the world.

I don't have any Lee seating dies for my target rifles. If this was available  at the time, I would not have bought Redding, Forster, Hornady, etc.

Lee sizing dies are great, the collet dies are great, the crimp dies are great, the trim dies amazing, now there is a fantastic seating die as well.
Agree to the letter with above.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.