Eric England

Started by Newton, Feb 29, 2024, 08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newton

A lot of people have heard about Carlos Hathcock but how many have heard about Eric England ?

ERIC ENGLAND: THE PHANTOM OF PHU BAI

Interesting story

JamesNotBond

There are many of these super snipers - research the one named White Death and that female Russian sniper

Newton

Quote from: JamesNotBond on Feb 29, 2024, 09:10 PMThere are many of these super snipers - research the one named White Death and that female Russian sniper
White Death Simo Häyhä and Russian sniper woman Lyudmila Pavlichenko are from WWII

It would appear you have not done much research ?

One wonders ... did the SADF have "snipers" ?

janfred

Quote from: Newton on Mar 01, 2024, 10:26 AM
Quote from: JamesNotBond on Feb 29, 2024, 09:10 PMThere are many of these super snipers - research the one named White Death and that female Russian sniper
White Death Simo Häyhä and Russian sniper woman Lyudmila Pavlichenko are from WWII

It would appear you have not done much research ?

One wonders ... did the SADF have "snipers" ?

What exactly do you mean by your statement?

Treeman

Why do you need to do research to state that there were a few of the super snipers, I would agree. I know of, have read a about the White Death guy, I think he was a Finn. The Russian woman became a sniper because her husband was killed by the Germans.
I do not know if we had famous snipers, but we certainly would have had "skerpskitters"
The Rhodesians definitely had snipers and some crazy things! I met, befriended Uncle Fred and listen to hours of his tales. I also met his rifle.
Now comes the weird part Uncle Fred was not more than 5 foot two inch I recon, his rifle was longer the he was, and the crazy part is it shot, guess what ? Well I can not tell you, he called it a double 30 06. As I recall it, it was a 30 06 with a third or so longer case ?????????????????????????????????????????? (I was 22 -25 years old back then and had very little knowledge regarding these things) I do recall however being absolutely fascinated by the long cartridge. 
Uncle Fred also had ivory and rhino horns, he as the story was told,was a meat supply shooter for the road development in the very early years of Rhodesia - said they had a staff of about 5000 peoples to clear and build the first roads.
He said they would usher the elephants and rhino gently closer to road works from behind mountains so as to be able to get at meat and get it back. A elephant a day and a camp stayed at a river crossing for months to utilize the hippo and everything that could be shot for meat, only moving on again when the works got too far away.
Wonder about uncle Fred, guess he must be dead now, he was like 80 when I took future wife of 17 years to meet him. 
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Treeman

I remember the straight bolt, was so long ago. The case was noticeably longer, I think I only saw the fired case. He definitely said it was a lengthened 30 06 ?, or perhaps he said a magnum 30 06 - I just recall it being longer.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Newton

Quote from: janfred on Mar 01, 2024, 03:43 PMWhat exactly do you mean by your statement?
South Africans in general are intellectually lazy ...
Why be vague .. when it is so easy to look up stuff and be accurate ?
The posters statement was vague - it meant he had not taken the time to look up what he was posting
There is a large amount of information about the person mentioned - as shown in the Wiki articles
There is even a movie about Pavlichenko

Crimea and Sevastopol

Crimean War - 1853

I am not sorry if that upsets you ...

Newton

Quote from: Treeman on Mar 03, 2024, 08:11 PMI remember the straight bolt, was so long ago. The case was noticeably longer, I think I only saw the fired case. He definitely said it was a lengthened 30 06 ?, or perhaps he said a magnum 30 06 - I just recall it being longer.
I would suggest possibly a - 300 HOWELL

300 Howell

6 Howell Cartridges

Custom Cartridges by Ken HOWELL