The Karen Webb matter.

Started by JamesNotBond, Aug 28, 2024, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesNotBond

Who knows about this matter? Some of my friends are in a panic because their weapons were confiscated today.
It would appear that a lot of peoples lives are to be affected by what she did, I wonder if there will be any form of recourse for these people.

Tripodmvr

Treeman

The woman ran a Gunshop and rented arms out to gangsters and such underworld entities. She also sold off firearms that were not hers to sell, stuff she thought had been forgotten by owners etc.
At later stages it seems even customer guns were rented out while in storage or even before delivery was taken, this resulted in weapons disappearing and customers laying charges afters months of stories regarding the whereabouts of their firearms.

This all eventually led to her being arrested and then a shit avalanche started.

She was running a training and competency workshop but was not certified herself(or some other and other transgressions). The police are no claiming that the competencies they issued are not valid because she was not certified to offer training.
So the fkkrs started confiscating firearms from people who got comps from her - it appears even firearms that were just bought from her.
A total and absolute overreach of the police as they are not legally entitled to absolve the comps issued by them and they do not have powers to confiscate weapons where no crime was committed - but they doing so anyway.   
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

DaavG

oafpatroll

Goes to show that SAPS oversight and inspections of gun stores aren't worth 5c.

Ds J

Some expensive law suits ahead.

Treeman

Quote from: Ds J on Aug 29, 2024, 10:10 PMSome expensive law suits ahead.
We can hope.
I am who I am - I am not who you want me to be.
Therefore I am me.

Newton

Quote from: JamesNotBond on Aug 28, 2024, 07:06 PMWho knows about this matter? Some of my friends are in a panic because their weapons were confiscated today.
It would appear that a lot of peoples lives are to be affected by what she did, I wonder if there will be any form of recourse for these people.
This is an old story

See here

Karen Webb

I already mentioned it in a much earlier post ..
In connection with .. WHERE were the - PRO gun organised groupings .. SAGA / GOSA etc etc
HOW was this allowed to happen

Did nobody take their Law Competency studies to heart - specifically Chapter 16 120 Offences

Affected persons may well have to start looking at a FIVE year horison ....

Perhaps you missed it ?

Newton

Quote from: oafpatroll on Aug 29, 2024, 09:56 AMGoes to show that SAPS oversight and inspections of gun stores aren't worth 5c.
What about those  .. IN THE INDUSTRY
This story went on for quite some time ....

Newton

Quote from: Treeman on Aug 28, 2024, 09:42 PMcustomers laying charges afters months of stories regarding the whereabouts of their firearms.

Againstthegrains

Quote from: oafpatroll on Aug 29, 2024, 09:56 AMGoes to show that SAPS oversight and inspections of gun stores aren't worth 5c.

It depends on where you are in ZA. In the western cape, the shop owners are quite aware that they are frequently and carefully monitored by SAPS who know what they are doing.

oafpatroll

Quote from: Againstthegrains on Sep 08, 2024, 04:59 PM

It depends on where you are in ZA. In the western cape, the shop owners are quite aware that they are frequently and carefully monitored by SAPS who know what they are doing.

The plod in my neck of the woods are much more run of the mill. Only two explanations for SAPS non-oscar winning role in the Webb fubar and those are complicity or criminal negligence.

Newton

What about those in the industry

QuoteWhat about them?

If they knew all about these multiple complaints and were aware of the illegality that was taking place at the Karen Webb premises  - then .. why did they not do anything about it ?
Puts ALL gun-shops in a bad light !

JamesNotBond

The matter drags on here in PE, people are still having the police arriving at their houses wanting to confiscate weapons. It would however seem that the latest method is to phone firearm owner and instruct them to bring weapons in.

There are now rising numbers of persons who have refused to part with their weapon(claim), they have been threatened with warrants, but as to yet there have been no further action on those refusing to hand over their weapons.

oafpatroll

Quote from: JamesNotBond on Sep 13, 2024, 07:40 AMThe matter drags on here in PE, people are still having the police arriving at their houses wanting to confiscate weapons. It would however seem that the latest method is to phone firearm owner and instruct them to bring weapons in.

There are now rising numbers of persons who have refused to part with their weapon(claim), they have been threatened with warrants, but as to yet there have been no further action on those refusing to hand over their weapons.

As I understand it saps are colouring way outside the lines and have no legal authority to confiscate anything. Getting onboard with GOSA or similar or lining up your own direct legal representation would be a good idea if you'd got comps from the woman.